Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YOU WANT A BATH :)

so that's exactly what Diesel got. He doesn't fight me in the bath but boy do I get all kinds of faces haha

Little does he know he's getting a bath. He thinks mom is dumb and put the towels there for him to play with.

Please don't get me wet

You're going to get me wet aren't you...

I don't like you right now so I'm not going to look at you

Look how clean and handsome I am :)

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
Poor D
Is that a leave in shampoo? You have little to no water in your tub hahaha

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor D
Is that a leave in shampoo? You have little to no water in your tub hahaha
Oh no. I only fill it a little because he freaks if it's too high and then I use a bowel and pour it over him from the water coming out of the faucet.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Haha poor D, gets washed like a baby and doesnt even get bath time fun toys!

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No bath is complete without a nail trim. :nicejob:
I know I know haha we're in the process.

I do have a question with the nails how do you k ow where the quick is? I got him yesterday by accident. Didn't bleed much but they need to be shorter but I don't want to cut them too much. I have clippers for now and hopefully will get a dremmel (sp?) soon.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
It's hard to see the quick on dog's with black nails. I dremel so it's easier for me to dremel a little then check to see if I'm close to the meaty part of the nail (the quick). I really dislike clippers as I think they cause more pain because you basically crush the nail to clip :(

I also use a little preparation H (yes the hemorroid cream) after I dremel. It helps to recede the quick.

I know I know haha we're in the process.

I do have a question with the nails how do you k ow where the quick is? I got him yesterday by accident. Didn't bleed much but they need to be shorter but I don't want to cut them too much. I have clippers for now and hopefully will get a dremmel (sp?) soon.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's hard to see the quick on dog's with black nails. I dremel so it's easier for me to dremel a little then check to see if I'm close to the meaty part of the nail (the quick). I really dislike clippers as I think they cause more pain because you basically crush the nail to clip :(

I also use a little preparation H (yes the hemorroid cream) after I dremel. It helps to recede the quick.
I definitely want a dremel we just have to go get one haha I guess I just need to go a little at a time and go from there.

Thanks.!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts