Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
Just wanted to tell you a little story about my dobes. I took all four of my babies to the pet shop today. They are so well behaved that the store owner lets me take them off there leashes. Anyway Slick the male Black and Rust goes to check out the fish. Millie the Black and Rust female heads for the birds. Hiedi the White female is checking out the rodents and AKA Moon is checking all the food out. It was so cute like they was shopping and going to buy some thing. Everyone that came in got greeted and licked. When I told them to get a little treat to go they all went in different directions Slick got a pigs ear Millie got some liver treats Hiedi got a big knuckle bone and moon a rawhide strip. Now picture them standing at the counter for the lady to ring up the sale. Then back on the leashes and to the car. They was the quitest they ever have been on the ride home. When we got home each one went to a different part of the yard to eat there treats. After that back to chaseing the squirrels and not chatching any of them. When they run and play I just sit and watch how pretty they are and wish I could have a dozen of them. They are so gracefull in all there moves.
Just wanted to talk abput them for awhile. Hope you enjoyed it. Bless all.
Patricia Diane Sellers

·
Registered
232 Posts
Patricia Dine Sellers said:
Hi Everyone
Just wanted to tell you a little story about my dobes. I took all four of my babies to the pet shop today. They are so well behaved that the store owner lets me take them off there leashes. Anyway Slick the male Black and Rust goes to check out the fish. Millie the Black and Rust female heads for the birds. Hiedi the White female is checking out the rodents and AKA Moon is checking all the food out. It was so cute like they was shopping and going to buy some thing. Everyone that came in got greeted and licked. When I told them to get a little treat to go they all went in different directions Slick got a pigs ear Millie got some liver treats Hiedi got a big knuckle bone and moon a rawhide strip. Now picture them standing at the counter for the lady to ring up the sale. Then back on the leashes and to the car. They was the quitest they ever have been on the ride home. When we got home each one went to a different part of the yard to eat there treats. After that back to chaseing the squirrels and not chatching any of them. When they run and play I just sit and watch how pretty they are and wish I could have a dozen of them. They are so gracefull in all there moves.
Just wanted to talk abput them for awhile. Hope you enjoyed it. Bless all.
Patricia Diane Sellers

:cool2: man how are they all so well behaved?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm sorry, but no matter how well behaved my dogs are, I would not let them off leash in a public place with other dogs (such as a petstore). Your dogs may be perfectly behaved and be fine wandering on their own -- but all it takes is one idiot owner with their back to their dog-aggressive dog and your dog walking past on his/her own... and boom, you are suddenly rushing your bleeding dog to the e-vet. I'm sorry, but this just sounds like an accident waiting to happen... I can't even begin to tell you how many people I've met in petstores who have poorly socialized dogs they just let walk up to and growl at every other dog in the store.

Also, what happens if god forbid, someone is scared by your dog wandering loose and you are not in sight? What if that person threatens your dog and your then bites that person? Even the best-behaved, well-trained dogs are capable of biting when put in the wrong situation.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
elle said:
I'm sorry, but no matter how well behaved my dogs are, I would not let them off leash in a public place with other dogs (such as a petstore). Your dogs may be perfectly behaved and be fine wandering on their own -- but all it takes is one idiot owner with their back to their dog-aggressive dog and your dog walking past on his/her own... and boom, you are suddenly rushing your bleeding dog to the e-vet. I'm sorry, but this just sounds like an accident waiting to happen... I can't even begin to tell you how many people I've met in petstores who have poorly socialized dogs they just let walk up to and growl at every other dog in the store.

Also, what happens if god forbid, someone is scared by your dog wandering loose and you are not in sight? What if that person threatens your dog and your then bites that person? Even the best-behaved, well-trained dogs are capable of biting when put in the wrong situation.
My first thought when I read this was what would happen if one or more of the dogs went out the door? You can't possibly keep track of 4 off leash dogs in a pet store.

Not everyone loves Dobermans or other people's dogs as much as we love them. I know I wouldn't appreciate someone else's dog coming up to me, especially if I had my dog with me.

I think you were being very inconsiderate to the other customers.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
forget not appreciating - my response would be a lot more vocal and graphic than that -- id give that owner a piece of my mind. if i bring my dogs with me to a pet store and want them there with me, paying attention, the last thing i want is a strange dog wandering around without an owner paying attention. i have a dog that is perfectly behaved and trained, but she does NOT appreciate dogs rushing up to her face and gets very defensive- as her owner, i need to protect her and not allow that ot happen. which would mean, i would let both YOU and YOUR DOG have it to keep them out of her face.

i think its inconsiderate and very risky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts