Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I was wondering when pregnancy will start to show?

On dec 8th, I had my 2 years old female surgically inseminated with the semen of my best male taken 6 years ago and kept at the fertilization clinic in liquid nitrogen?

Last time I had a litter of puppies was over 15 years ago and I forgot when the first signs start to show.

The Vet told me there was a 80% chance the procedure will be successful but I am starting to worry. It is going on its 4 th weeks now and still no obvious signs.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Shouldn't you know this stuff before you get your bitch pregnant?

Not that it matters at this point and I know that the answers will probaly make me sad but...
Does your bitch (and did the sire) have any health tests done?
--no, not a vet check but health tests
Were the two of them titled in some sort of venue?
Are you hoping to accomplish anything with this breeding other than getting puppies?
Do they come from healthy, tested, and proven lines?

Please have good answers, please prove my thoughts about this whole thing wrong.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Hello!

I was wondering when pregnancy will start to show?

On dec 8th, I had my 2 years old female surgically inseminated with the semen of my best male taken 6 years ago and kept at the fertilization clinic in liquid nitrogen?

Last time I had a litter of puppies was over 15 years ago and I forgot when the first signs start to show.

The Vet told me there was a 80% chance the procedure will be successful but I am starting to worry. It is going on its 4 th weeks now and still no obvious signs.
I don't think there is a single reliable answer to this... bitches are different, pregnancies are different. I would think you could get an ultrasound done any time to determine if the insemination was successful.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Shouldn't you know this stuff before you get your bitch pregnant?

Not that it matters at this point and I know that the answers will probaly make me sad but...
Does your bitch (and did the sire) have any health tests done?
--no, not a vet check but health tests
Were the two of them titled in some sort of venue?
Are you hoping to accomplish anything with this breeding other than getting puppies?
Do they come from healthy, tested, and proven lines?

Please have good answers, please prove my thoughts about this whole thing wrong.
Really? What a lot of typing to offer no constructive response at all.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
:goodkitty:

In my hands the sex panther is 100%!

Now to use this in real life conversation... I know just the guy at work... He thinks he's something special!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Geez! Who wants to join this forum? Ducks flying objects being thrown...

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
Many breeders do an ultrasound at 28 - 30 days so they know if the bitch is pregnant and can therefore care for her properly during her pregnancy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello Fraulein. Beginning about weeks 3-4 the bitch will often go off her feed for a week. At 5 weeks one can usually detect a little thickening in the abdomen. Also the vulva which was swollen during her heat will not quite return to it's pre-heat condition.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts