Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a house full of sick and wounded animals!! Scoob's knee is s-l-o-w-l-y healing up but he's developed a wonderful sore on the side of his abdomen that I suspect he's created because he's had to keep his activity level to a minimum. He's a neurotic dog to begin with but when he doesn't partake in his normal routine, he gets thrown for a loop. I'm just thankful he hasn't resorted to eating my house.... Again.

Mirabelle has giardia that just doesn't want to go away. Thank goodness her meds are beef flavored because otherwise I don't think she'd be so good for taking it.

Ava has an abscess in her mouth. I presume it's from the sticks she's always trying to chew on in the woods. She'll have that taken care of tomarrow. :eek:

And poor Mitzi, my senior kitty has lymphoma.

It all seems to happen before the holidays.... Always.:rolleyesw

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Gosh DP I am so sorry to hear about all of this! I just sent you a pm to asking about them. I am so sorry about that.

I hope everything gets better from here on out. It seems like everyone is getting hit with on thing or another just before Christmas.

If you need to talk I am always here, just pm me and I will listen when ever you need an ear to vent to. I will be thinking and praying for you and your family.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
So sorry to hear Jess.... What a mess, I can't believe all of them have a problem.... I am glad to hear Scoob's healing though, do you think he will get off without surgery? I'm praying for you and your kids:)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the well wishes guys. :) I think everyone is eventually going to heal up except for Mitzi who we're just going to keep comfortable until it's time.

Ava's swelling in her mouth is pea sized so we tried to lance with just an injection of a local but turns out it isn't an abscess. It was a solid mass so next week, she's going to be fully sedated and the doc is going to go in and find out what the heck this thing is. I have to say, she was good as gold during the whole ordeal. Not many dogs sit that still while a stranger is sticking their hands in their mouth, let me tell you.

And to boot, it's Ava's birthday tomarrow! We've got a nice big order of toys comming from dog.com in celebration. ;)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Well, Happy birthday to Ava.. Hope your Mouth gets better...Here is a recipe for your Birthday cake.. Hee Hee
2 cups of water, 1/4 cup mashed banana, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons honey, 3 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup dried bananas, 1/2 tablespoon baking powder-- Frosting-- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese, 3 teaspoons carob powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla
preheat oven to 350
in a bowl, mix together water, bananas, vanilla, egg, and honey
in a separate bowl, combine flour, dried banana, and baking powder, Mix
add wet ingredients to dry and mix well
pour into a 8" greased cake pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
to make frosting.. beat all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth
spread over the cake and decorated it with pieces of crushed dried banana :hbirth1:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the questions is, what isn't she getting?:win2k: From what I remember ordering, she's getting bully sticks, egg babies(greatest toy ever!), tennis balls, some saucer like treat dispenser thingy, bunch of different types of stuffies and a few other things.

Frznbuns, thanks for the cake recipe! That sounds good enough to eat myself. lol I made her a cake last year for her birthday but with the holidays, everyone being sick and planning my upcomming vacation, I haven't had the time. Shame on me, I know but maybe I'll make her one once I get back from my trip. :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
godd for you,, everydog should have a cake for their bday.. I just ordered some bull sticks for my dogs too.. 3' in length.. I love watching them trying to carrying them through the house.. Hee Hee..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts