Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some males never lift there leg to pee or mark. My 5 month old male will squat and let everything out right off the bat. And then he will sniff the walk all the way home. Just curious on the other people's experience.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I know some males never lift there leg to pee or mark. My 5 month old male will squat and let everything out right off the bat. And then he will sniff the walk all the way home. Just curious on the other people's experience.
He will begin to lift his leg as he begins to mature more. If he is neutered before this, he may never lift his leg. Many people, (usually guys) are embarrassed by this, because they think their dog "pees like a girl", but in all reality most people would be happier if their dog never lifts their leg in the long run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No he isn't neutered yet. I think I'm going to wait like a year and a half, that way when he's done growing I'll get it done. I don't mind him squatting. He just doesn't know yet.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I've had 2 Dobe males and 1 Vizsla. They all started right about 9-10 months.

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
I think Thakoon was about 7 or 8 months the first time I saw him lift his leg, on a little cedar shrub in the backyard. He had observed the behavior in many male dogs, as we lived right beside an off-leash park. I'll never forget the way he turned his head around while doing so, just to see if I was watching. :eek:

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Dreizehn lifted his leg around 7 months. And now he pees both ways, both by squatting and by lifting.

·
Registered
726 Posts
My male Italian Greyhound never lifts his leg. I waited to get him neutered until he was 1.5 years old, too. Just never happened. I'm fine with it!

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
I was amazed how young Nubis was, at cocking his leg. I bet it was 4 months. Now when is tired, like now just after finishing his walk, he squatted. But the bugger is funny, he will lift his leg and rest it on a tree. LOL.
My first male, never hardly ever lifted his leg, only if he had a long powerful pee and it was spraying him hehehe.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Odin started when he was about 6-7 months. Started marking at 7.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts