Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious. at only 1 year old, guinness is still pretty bonkers alot of the time, but within the last month or so ive noticed some substantial changes in his behavior. mostly just being a bit more calm.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Leo was about 3 before he became a mellow gentleman on his own. Before that we could elicit "good behavior and manners" but left to his own devices he was all puppy. Running around the yard like a fool, bounding around the house like a fool, trying to engage everyone in play all the time. Now, he plays and runs and is still exuberant, but the fog has cleared.

Julian was about 2.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
I'd like a more detailed explanation.... of what you consider puppy...

Jonesy is almost 3 (in March) He has been a pretty calm indoor lounge around pup his whole life, but you say key words and he bounds and leaps and zoomies all through the house like a little puppy.

So in my opinion I have a 3 yr old puppy

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
My boy is the same as Jonesy'sMom, he's always been very quiet indoors appart from key words and then sometimes outside, BOOM :D

I think its down to different personalities. I was talking to someone the other day who has a 12 month old female who acts like a 6 month old puppy! :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Rocco is 4 in January and he is STILL a puppy!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dylan is 15 months and a complete nut most of the time. Respectful of boundaries, certainly. Very obedient if I lay down the law. But when he gets the zoomies, everyone dives for cover or plasters themselves up against the wall. Constantly solicits play from EVERYONE, even the parakeet. But if nobody is game, he'll start tossing his toys down the stairs and running down after them. Back up the stairs, and repeat. Fun to watch. But yes, he's still very much a puppy. Never any potty issues, but attitude and personality, very much puppy. I'm guessing I have at least another year of living with the Wild Man before he starts to chill. :rolleyesww:

·
Censored
716 Posts
Doc is 2 1/2 years old, he is very well behaved but is a big puppy at heart! I don't want him to ever change =) He still gets zoomies but doesn't do that adorable little bunny hop anymore... (sigh) He still sasses (high pitch vocalization - not barking though) and wants to play ALL the time.

·
sadder but wiser girl
9,688 Posts
Alex sort of grew up at about 2 1/2, Melody never did, Willie was mostly grown up at about 2, Rocky at about 3, and Annie is 2 1/2 and still pretty adolescent.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Some never do ;)

Reactions: lolonurse
1 - 14 of 14 Posts