Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,469 Posts
Many of the dogs I board or 30-40% actually come inside with my dogs. But the rule is they must be dog AND cat friendly. They must NOT be dog aggressive. They do NOT have to be perfect, but must have some basic manners, etc.

The only time I let dogs come to my house that were not well behaved was when my sister drove out 2 states away and my dad was rushed to the hospital. I told her before she got to my house THE DOGS WOULD NOT INTERACT and I would not tolerate rude dog behavior either. It still didn't go over well and was stressful.

I also don't go out of my way to push my dogs on other people. We once drove up from CA to WA with FOUR dogs to see my inlaws and we rented a DOG FRIENDLY hotel. It was a pain but there's no way I'd expect someone to take in me AND FOUR DOGS.

· Registered
9,469 Posts
Good on ya. I don't have bad dog-in-laws, but I do have the MIL from hell. Sometimes standing up for yourself is beyond cathartic. "I'm simply not gonna take this anymore" caused some marital stress, but not nearly as much as that raging [email protected]&$! has for over a decade. Family is family, but ground rules in your own home go a long way
Oh lordy can I relate to that!!!

· Registered
9,469 Posts
Lol. You have no idea! I think the old witch needs to be committed, but we have learned to keep a respectful distance.
Ha, we must have the same MIL. We don't visit each other anymore and I'm fortunate they are 2 states away. 2 months into my marriage she screamed into the phone that I was an Fing LYING "ho" - 6 months later sent hubby and I an 8 page letter describing all the things I NEEDED TO DO to fix my marrirage (we eloped and had a rough start admittedly) and a year ago I once again let bygones be bygones, invited her down to visit and she called me crazy and insert many more cuss-words in a screaming raging fit (picture 2 year old tanturm red faced and hands flying in the air)...10 years of that...I'm DONE. I don't trust what would come out of my mouth next time :) Yep she's a crazy ol' bat and life is too short to deal with that kind of crazy!

Reactions: monicaei
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.