Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your Favourite Colour Dobe and why?

I think for me It's real close between the Blacks and the Reds....but I think Reds with good coats just have the edge because they are different and you don't see so many....

Blacks are still the more intimidating looking though....

What about you...?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I like them all. Makes no difference what color. But I guess if I had to choose one it would be the classic black. The contrast between the markings and the coat is just to beautiful. I know. Boring.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java's dam was red, her sire black, so there was a chance there would be some red pups in the litter. Since we were the only family not wanting a show pup, I was prepared to take what I could get, providing the pup was healthy. Not a red in the litter of 11, so we got our black/rust girl. Would have been equally happy if she was red. I have totally stoppeed giving her any type of canned dog food and her coat has never looked better - she just gleams!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I like black and tan but Id love to have a red also someday...but Id still need my black and tan one at the same time.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
It's hard to say, My favorite is probably black/rust but only if they have nice markings, I really like the rich mahagony markings, but a red with a nice coat and markings is a very close second.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow...that's really interesting....I would have thought the Reds would of had more votes:jonkel:

For me the blacks look too much like Rotties and the good strong looking red with a good coat stands out more for me...but yeah I think the quality of the coat has a lot to do with it as well....I feed Luke raw meat and bones and his coat is stunning....jet black and deep rust....:) it's so close!:)...yeah I think I'm still for the reds!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I'm pretty traditional. black and rust, cropped and docked. in my mind there's nothing prettier.

except maybe black and rust and natural, or maybe red with or without cropping, but then blue is always nice......

cc

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I would have to say I like the Blacks better then any other color.I like the Reds to but a Nice Built and Marked black dobe is sweet.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
check out duchess as a red!!! haha :) Should be lighter...but it was hard to go over her black with some orangish brown...lol. Dont worry I didnt dye her hair lol.:) :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would have to say Red, Only because I like standing out and being different. Blacks are more common I guess you could say.

And for some reason just because Rex is Red, everyone asks what kind of dog he is.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I don't care if they are pink and orange it's what the breed is all about for me,i have 2 brown and 2 black just for balance(and most of the folks on here told me i had to) :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I love the blacks, but maybe in the future I will get a red.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
LapDog said:
check out duchess as a red!!! haha :) Should be lighter...but it was hard to go over her black with some orangish brown...lol. Dont worry I didnt dye her hair lol.:) :)
That is so weird LD but cool LOL You did a great job :) I wanna see her purple with pink markings now :)

I prefer blacks but like Brumwolf, I wouldn't close my door to a green with paisley markings Dobe :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts