Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between a Fawn and a Red?

·
Extraordimary
4,985 Posts
Fawn is the dilute of red. Red ranges from a chocolate brown colour to a liver red colour. Fawn is a washed out version of that, a pale silvery tan.

http://www.dpcc.ca/
On the left hand side is a fawn on top, a red below.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think Moses might possibly be a fawn because he hasc areas where his coat seems faded, like the back of his head and underneath his neck....I thought that might have been from the sun but...we'll see...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be honest it does look like poor nutrition and sun because it's on the points that would take the most heat/sun.....Thanks Mary

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Moses is definitely a red, not a fawn (if moses is the dog you just pulled from a shelter).

Reactions: TracyJo

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeap...he's not a fawn.

Naveen

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok...so would a fawn be paler in general?

sorry for the questions but before this I wasn't aware of fawn Dobermans and I would like to be able to tell the difference in future...

Yeah Mary I'm sure he's got a couple of problems going on.....

The good thing is that he's on the up and up...we went for a hike (Luke & Moses) and he did great and we are exercising daily and he's getting stronger and more alert...he's also drinking more water and eating more food...so it's just a matter of time before he'll be wearing me out....:tongue23:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts

This is MrDesi's beautiful fawn female (above)

This beautiful young lady is Red Dobie's Allie (young pic :))

As you can see the fawn is clearly a different shade. The shades vary for both red and fawn from lighter to richer, but always they are clearly identifiable and separate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts