Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand frisbee-ing. Sometimes it's better when its windy, sometimes when its still. Sometimes it flies beautifully and gets buffered about, and other times it doesn't even get 5ft away before it hits the deck. The frisbee we have is a cheap plastic one, its a bit chewed around the edges so I don't know if that affects the flight at all?

Does anyone have any recommendations, is it worth sticking with this one, because when its good, its very good. But there are so many, ones with gaps in, rubber ones, square ones, what's the best?

And some pics of Diesel. I totally couldn't throw the frisbee with my left hand, and so by the time I got the camera up to my face I missed so many shots :( and one of these is out of focus but he looks so gorgeous and athletic in these two, I love seeing a dobe at full stretch!

Teeeeeth!

Dammit, missed!

I think this is my favourite, "wait for it to get almost to the floor, then POUNCE!!! RARRR!"

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm no frisbee expert, but that's a weird-looking frisbee.
That's what I thought when I bought it :lol: It's supposed to be an easy pick up one, it has a sticky out bit top and bottom so it doesn't land flat. But it does, as the sticky out bits just stick into the grass.

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kratty I enjoyed your video! Diesel would love a floppy one I think, that he could shake about.

Are the aerobie ones plastic or rubber? I'm looking at the orbee glow in the dark ones, would be better for winter nights I think.

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
See, I said there are so many varieties, I think I'm even more confused now :D Thanks for all the suggestions though, I will see which ones are available in the UK.

Chaz, Diesel chewed the frisbee on the first day, since then he ONLY has it when we are playing, then it gets put away, as I can see him easily chewing chunks off it if left. Like you say, they aren't designed to be chew toys. I seem to have the best luck throwing down wind, but alot of the time the wind seems to come from all different directions and just makes it drop out of the sky. The best time seems to be when its quite still with just a gentle breeze, but this is England, it's either raining or blowing a gale!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.