Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm living down in Mexico in Puerto Vallarta, and Habana (my bitch) will have her 4th heat, and I want to breed her, but here, in this area, I can't find a Pedigree American Doberman male, I found an European one, and I've been wondering, if I put them together, would that be good? what kind of doberman could we expect? has anybody done this before?? my Habana is gorgeous and I'd like to have some gorgeous puppies as well.. I need some help please.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
If you don't know whether or not you should even mix euro with american lines and what could/does happen you should not be breeding. Point blank done and done.

Breeding is not just "she's pretty, i want more of her" it is a true dedication to the breed and titling, testing, and improving upon what's out there. It's years and years, and thousands of dollars, immesurable emotional investment, countless hours pouring over pedigrees, heartache, loss, and commitment to preserve the breed the best way possible. This is a very unhealthy breed that deserves only the best most commited people and proven dogs to carry it on.

Please spay your bitch or at least keep her childless for the breed, the dog, the puppies, and your own sake.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
i agree: what's the pedigree of the dogs in question, and has either dog titled in anything?

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
that's not what i mean by "titled" - do you show your dog? do you do a sport? also, what kind of health tests have you done on your dog?

·
Guardian
1,384 Posts
Heath testing is the most important part of breeding doberman.

Does anyone have a link to share with OP regarding health testing or reputable breeders- Could give OP some insight on what buyers SHOULD expect.

Breeding is not just a quick buck and you really should know what you are doing prior to breeding or at least have a doberman breeder with reputable status and excellent breed knowledge help you.

Honestly, I love my boy but I am not going to breed him. If you want one like your girl, go through the same breeder for a new pup.

Who will be taking care of ears, tails and dewclaws when pups are born??

·
Guardian
1,384 Posts
Here are both Pedigree titles.. Thanks for your help
Titles are earned through showing your dog or partaking in events that show what a great representation of the breed she is.

These are just papers showing lineage. Although this is what we asked for, we are making sure her and the male's sire are from healthy stock.

I think you should stick around the forum and learn a bit more about the breed before you breed her.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Heath testing is the most important part of breeding doberman.

Does anyone have a link to share with OP regarding health testing or reputable breeders- Could give OP some insight on what buyers SHOULD expect.

Breeding is not just a quick buck and you really should know what you are doing prior to breeding or at least have a doberman breeder with reputable status and excellent breed knowledge help you.

Honestly, I love my boy but I am not going to breed him. If you want one like your girl, go through the same breeder for a new pup.

Who will be taking care of ears, tails and dewclaws when pups are born??
Reputable Breeders For new folks

Cost of having a litter

·
Bitch
312 Posts
Sorry, my computer won't let zoom in on the pedigrees so I cannot see them.

Perhaps contact Vom Bergkönig for some guidance. They deal mostly in Euro working lines, but they might be able to evaluate your pedigrees.
The European lines are hardly working lines... what with Altobello and all. Nor is that dog fully "Euro", there's a hodge podge of no name Mexican breeders' stock thrown in there, too.

If you click on the direct link to the image you should be able to see the pedigrees better:
http://www.dobermantalk.com/attachm...t-european-american-doberman-mix-pedigree.jpg

http://www.dobermantalk.com/attachm...xpect-european-american-doberman-mix-capo.jpg

·
Still a Pup
2,733 Posts
I will just answer the question and say you can expect a mixed bag.

Reactions: Rosemary
1 - 17 of 17 Posts