Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taylor just chewed up her second Costco bed this week so I'm going to go ahead and buy each brat a Kuranda. I had two of the older sling type beds and they were large enough for Walker and Wheeler to climb in together. It was just too large. Also do you have the pvc or aluminum frame? Kuranda recommends the vinyl for the Dobes.

Here are the choices:

Sizes are 35 x 23 medium, 40 x 25 large, and 44 x 27 XL.

Fabrics are cordura, vinyl, 40 oz vinyl, and ballistic.

Aluminum or PVC.

Does anyone own one and which size would you recommend?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,439 Posts
I will only have Kuranda beds, they have held up to 2 Dobie girls. The same frame. I went with the PVC and got the Vinyl Weave. I had the Heavy Duty at one time however it allowed the dog hair and stuff to just lay there in their crate. The Vinyl Weave is easy to clean just take it outside and wash it down. I highly recommend these beds, once you buy one you never will need another bed again. The site gives you the details on how to measure for the correct size. Good luck

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will only have Kuranda beds, they have held up to 2 Dobie girls. The same frame. I went with the PVC and got the Vinyl Weave. I had the Heavy Duty at one time however it allowed the dog hair and stuff to just lay there in their crate. The Vinyl Weave is easy to clean just take it outside and wash it down. I highly recommend these beds, once you buy one you never will need another bed again. The site gives you the details on how to measure for the correct size. Good luck
Thanks. What size did you get for your girl? They just seem so long and not quite wide enough to stretch out.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I have a dog bed similar in style to Kuranda, but from a different company who sells them at a lot of shows here in CA. Lucy's bed is 35x45. I'm surprised the Kuranda beds are so narrow compared to this other brand that I bought. The size I have fits Lucy really well and she is able to sprawl out on it. If I was buying a Kuranda, I'd be inclined to go with the XL.

·
mastiffied
1,455 Posts
My 95# 27" GSD had an XL and he had all kinds of room on it. He freakishly managed to crack the corners of the bed, (will never know how & he wasn't particularly destructive) so I'll be getting an aluminum one next time around. The company has a stellar reputation and I bet they would have replaced it for me had I taken the time to write them. I had the bed less than a year. :(

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I have the Aluminum one, XL size (44x27) in the 40 oz vinyl.
My dogs think it is mostly a trampoline and like to jump on it to catapult into the crate or across the room. It has stood up to 2 or 3 Dobes wrestling and jumping on it (so regularly has ~150 lbs on it) and is very easy to clean. I usually throw a blanket on it for extra bedding. They do sleep on it daily as well us using it for its trampoline function :)

All in all one of the best purchases I've ever made for them! I was worried that they wouldn't use it & I'd have wasted a bunch of money, but I would buy it again in second.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the Aluminum one, XL size (44x27) in the 40 oz vinyl.
My dogs think it is mostly a trampoline and like to jump on it to catapult into the crate or across the room. It has stood up to 2 or 3 Dobes wrestling and jumping on it (so regularly has ~150 lbs on it) and is very easy to clean. I usually throw a blanket on it for extra bedding. They do sleep on it daily as well us using it for its trampoline function :)

All in all one of the best purchases I've ever made for them! I was worried that they wouldn't use it & I'd have wasted a bunch of money, but I would buy it again in second.
Thanks! That's how mine use the one older pvc framed bed. They like to jump on it and slide, bed and all. I'm thinking I'll do the aluminum as well.

Great to hear from you. Love to see updated photos!

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Buddy has the PVC Kuranda one of the corners did crack I sent them a e-mail they sent 4 new corners so we have spares now. Buddy's was out on the Patio the first year or so now in the house in my bedroom with a air bed I won though a Dog Fancy magazine contest. i did send Kuranda a e-mail asking about what you are suppose to do when the bed gets saggy in the middle. Buddy' s Kuranda bed is almost as old as he is he will be 5 in April. The Kuranda bed made it though puppy hood & teenager phase so they are worth the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts