Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently ordered the biggest crate our local pet store could get for me 48 inch and it arrived Friday afternoon. So off I went, picked it up and assembled it, and Toby has to bend his head to get in and stand in it. He is not best pleased.

What I would like to know is, what size crate do you guys use? Most of your Dobes seem to be bigger than Toby, so is it possible to get a bigger crate, say xxl or even bigger?

I have plenty of room for the crate to fit in my house, so that isn't a concern, though price is. do you know where I can get a big enough crate and if the company will ship over to Spain?

Hope you guys can advise/help me out.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just went to dog.com and ordered a "Great Dane" size crate... not sure what the shipping would be to Spain, though/if they would ship to you.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I just bought a "giant" crate from 1-800-petmeds. I think it is 48x35x32. Oliver is tall and he can stand up in it. He does duck down to get in, but once he's in he can stand.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Dreizehn has either a 42in or 48in crate and I expect it will fit him for the rest of his life. i think that the rule of thumb is that if a dog can get in and easily turn around in it then the size is fine. If Dreizehn stands in his crate he cannot lif his head all of the way but his back doesn't touch the top of it either. I'm fine with that as he really only stands in the crate when he's walking in or about to get out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts