Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magnum is OCD.
Magnum likes to lick things. He likes to lick the couch, himself, my pant leg (while wearing the pants/short), pillows, blankets...well most fabric and some leather. I have noticed that he exhibits an odd behavior while licking sometimes. He will fully extend the tongue and pin it under his chin. Lay the head down, tongue fully extended and the just stop. For a few minutes he will stay this way and just flick the tip of his tongue. It is just funny. I have had many people see this and ask "What the *$(% is he doing?" and laugh. I will try to get a video of this for everyone just for the fun of it.

So, what odd things do your Doberkids do?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Mabel only treats spotted troys nicely, the more cow like the better. She kills all the other kinds within minutes. Spotted toys get royal treatment and snuggle with her for bedtime and she stole a cow fleecey blanket of mine too..

She also is a boredom/tired licker...when shes tired she licks the couch cushion realllly slow and its almost like her tongue gets stuck in the middle lol. She'll also lick the floor if she's bored/tired or my arm/pants/etc...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Chevy likes to look at birds outside, but she has to sit right under them and look straight up. And we all know what happens when you spend a lot of times directly under birds...... I feel like I'm always cleaning bird poop off her. LOL

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Toby has this weird habit of licking his feet, he licks and licks them, then gets all ticklish when he tries to lick the bottom of them. (he got this habit from Sasha my old Boxer, she had OCD about licking her feet).
He also licks the sofa arm, cushion, the bed sheet and pillow (only on my side, not his dads, hmmmm).

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
the only thing I can think of right now is that Odin will scratch the air in attempt to scratch his ears. Then after that he will shake but he wont shake his head, he starts the shake at the middle of his back and then emphasis shaking his butt.

Also I think he Dober pokes more than most, he has to poke EVERYTHING lol. Its not Odin approved unless he has poked it >.<

·
Registered
370 Posts
My girl likes to stomp on feet of the ones she loves :rolleyesww:

My parents who are now in their 70's have lost 3 toenails because of her stomping on them. My mother lost 2 and dad 1 . She will come sidle up to ya, next thing you know, you got a 90 lb Dobe on the top of your foot. And not just with her front feet. My girl has amazing aim even when shes not looking at ya. Standing up, if her butt is beside your leg and shes watching something or chewing a toy, she will lift her back leg over and put it on top of your feet. Its like she want to make sure you feel her, because some how it feels as if she only has one leg supporting her 90 lbs and its all on the foot that on top of yours. My father has now gotten into the habit of picking up his feet and tucking them underneath the office chair and she STILL reaches under and attempts to get her feet on top.
And when she is all hyped up, running around she will put her front feet together and pounce upon yours if your not watching. Its led to many bruises and loss of toenails lol

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
the only thing I can think of right now is that Odin will scratch the air in attempt to scratch his ears. Then after that he will shake but he wont shake his head, he starts the shake at the middle of his back and then emphasis shaking his butt.

Also I think he Dober pokes more than most, he has to poke EVERYTHING lol. Its not Odin approved unless he has poked it >.<
Brandy does this too!! What weirdos Dobies are! Haha!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't know how odd this is but Bella slaps us all with her paws when she doesnt get what she wants. If the other dogs won't play with her she will think nothing of walking up to them and slapping them on the head with her paw if we are eating at the table and we ignor her (which we always do not to build bad habits) sometimes she will come up and just start slapping our legs. Heaven forbid you fall asleep in the recliner when she wants to play, you will almost always get a nice slap to remind you in case you forgot that it's playtime not nap time. It's a very bad habit that we are constantly struggling to break. Those paws are like weapons sometimes. Lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
My old dog Tank would generally only poop on top of things, whether it be a pile of dirt, the concrete post of the big lights/signs at a gas station, a big rock, and upturned piece of firewood, a stump, etc....

My girl Athena goes through the same routine every morning; she wakes up right around 5 insisting that she needs to go outside, then as soon as I'm out of bed she runs for the freshly vacated warm spot in the bed and settles in.... BUT she's cute and I think it's funny, so she generally gets away with it...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Chase is a shy pooper. He will wait till we are home to poop, which is not very practical when we are out all day lol.

If you stare at him, he will stop with what he is doing and stare back at you, if you crack a smile he play bows and huffs.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Callie is ball OBSESSED. She eats with her ball, runs with her ball, poops with her ball, sleeps with her ball..... its her security blankie I think. I have to put it up if she gets to neurotic about it. My SAR group says shes a border collie in a Dober-suit, LOL

I've used it to my own advantage though, with ball-in-mouth she is fearless! She learned to ride in a helicopter, go up escalators, through busy places, on snow mobiles, how to swim... all with her precious tennis ball. Its a better reward for training than treats- which is nice. No more cutting up tiny bits of treats, and it lasts forever!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Echo has a few odd behaviours the main one is she will cry whilst she has a treat in her mouth until she finds a spot she can burry it. I was concerned at first until we found out that a few dogs do this as well, its cute and heartbreaking at the same time lol.

The other odd thing she does is when she sits out side she has her butt and hind legs on the window edge and her front feet on the ground? It is so werid but she always does it lol

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Sparky turned thirteen in Feb-for whatever reason he now licks the floor
any floor
cement tile or wood -doesn't matter--not sure why==he does it alot:confused:

Reactions: madmyk

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Roxy has to go get a toy from her toy box after she greets you and prance around with it in her mouth.
Pete has to have something in his mouth whenever he greets you - if he can't find a toy he will carry a food dish or even his dog bed.
Elza does this too!
It is like "Hold on (then she runs to her toy), I'll show you my favorite toy. Look at this. Do you want to play with me!?":D
While not on the OCD level Malia does this alot. She will run up to the door, look at you (nub going all out), look around, take off for a toy, or anything she can get in her mouth quickly, then runs back to greet you!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Dakota is a screamer. If I throw her ball into any form of water where she has to swim out more than 3 meters to get it, she shrieks at the top of her lungs the whole way out until she reaches it. And then gets water in her mouth so the scream has a bit of a gurgle thing going on too haha. I've had people rush up to us at the park because they think something horrible is happening - then double over laughing when they realize what's going on.

This is more just a cute thing but if she thinks I've been on the computer too long(ie ignoring her) she'll shove her head under my right arm repeatedly so I'm forced to scratch her ears instead of typing or moving the mouse lol.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts