Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my 7 months old boy have this problem from last 3 months i show this problem to my vet but he just ignore it and told me its heat problem but i am not satisfied with his answer and in India vet just look for heath issue not for skin problems so if i know the name of this problem its really very helpful to me ,he having lots of pimples and under this white spot some thing like little bump and dead skin

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The acne under the chin could be caused by feeding with plastic bowles. Use stainless Steel for water and food, also wash them out. The ones on the rest of his body do they look like the ones under his chin or under the skin?
What kind of food are you feeding?
You can start adding a raw egg, fish oil or krill oil, or cold pressed virgin olive oil, Vit.E, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. All these are great for Skin & Coat. The Coconut oil is great for intestinal health. Also add a probiotic in the food. Most of the dogs immune system 60-75% is in the dogs intestines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The acne under the chin could be caused by feeding with plastic bowles. Use stainless Steel for water and food, also wash them out. The ones on the rest of his body do they look like the ones under his chin or under the skin?
What kind of food are you feeding?
You can start adding a raw egg, fish oil or krill oil, or cold pressed virgin olive oil, Vit.E, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. All these are great for Skin & Coat. The Coconut oil is great for intestinal health. Also add a probiotic in the food. Most of the dogs immune system 60-75% is in the dogs intestines.
Thanks for reply
1.i already using stainless steel bowl for food and and water but i got your point this because of milk, after drank milk i need too clean chin with water
2.rest of body its different thing there is dead skin layers i remove that dead skin layer with my nails then there is baldness you can view photo no 3
3.first red sore or bump with pause aper on skin and after few day its heal or what i dont know but then there is white dead skin layer seen as white spot
4.i feed him Royal Canin Maxi Junior dry food and milk only and also give him multi vitamin tonic

Health Tonic for Pets with
Omega 3 - polysaturates

Composition
Cod Liver Oil-50% v/v
Refined Soya Oil-50% v/v

Benefits
Faster Growth, Shiny Coat
To Keep pets bouncy and energetic.
Fatty acid supplementation

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
As for the chin acne....

I know the drill for preventing it but sometimes that just doesn't work. I have a dog that gets breakouts every so often. Cleaning his chin with peroxide helps but sometimes you have to go on antibiotics.

As to the rest a dog can have allergic reactions to anything. Many times it's food. Then when they get those outbreaks they also have a secondary infection of staph. Staph is common for skin problems.

If you think it might be a food allergy try and get him on something that is grain free at least. Then feed that and nothing else for a couple of months and see where you are.

Allergies are common.

If your vet thinks this is heat related and dismisses your concerns I would be looking for another vet. Is there a dermatologist within driving distance?

Make sure your vet at least does a skin scraping, fungal stain, biopsy, thyroid . At least with the biopsy you will know more and then you can take it from there.

I am not a vet but this is what I went through with my dog.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello! Looking at these pictures is like looking at my red girl. She started to have skin problems last summer. I went to 3 different vets. They all did the same tests; Skin scratch for parasites. Blood tests, thyroid test. Every thing is in order. They did prescribe antibiotics. While she was on antibiotics she healed completely, but a couple of weeks after the antibiotics ended the problem reappeared. I also gave her baths with medicament ed dog shampoo. Twice a week for 1 month then once a week.

So The vet put the on antibiotics for an entire month instead of 2 weeks. Same results. Another vet suggested to switch her on hypoallergy food. Well the hypoallergy food seems to help a lot. Her skin is nice and shiny, she do not shed anymore and her pimples are very few and not lasting. I still give her a bath about once every 10 days, but with baby shampoo (for humans). She is 2.5 years old. She is on Royal Canin Prescription Diet Hypoallergy HP.

I stopped giving her treats. I even stopped making her home made food. One friend of mine told me her parents had a dog who had allergic reaction to gluten. So I think this is what my girl is having problem with, gluten.

Since I stopped giving her treats and making sure the food I am giving her does not have gluten, she seems to be all right. I started to add raw meat and veggies to her diet again, making sure to avoid anything that contain wheat, oats or grains of any kind and she seems to be all right.

So I agree with the other answers you received. First get a second or a third opinion from another vet or vets. Have all the tests done to eliminate the usual suspects. Then consider his problems could be allergy related. It is hard to determine the kind of allergy. You will have to go by an elimination process until you find the culprit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello! Looking at these pictures is like looking at my red girl. She started to have skin problems last summer. I went to 3 different vets. They all did the same tests; Skin scratch for parasites. Blood tests, thyroid test. Every thing is in order. They did prescribe antibiotics. While she was on antibiotics she healed completely, but a couple of weeks after the antibiotics ended the problem reappeared. I also gave her baths with medicament ed dog shampoo. Twice a week for 1 month then once a week.

So The vet put the on antibiotics for an entire month instead of 2 weeks. Same results. Another vet suggested to switch her on hypoallergy food. Well the hypoallergy food seems to help a lot. Her skin is nice and shiny, she do not shed anymore and her pimples are very few and not lasting. I still give her a bath about once every 10 days, but with baby shampoo (for humans). She is 2.5 years old. She is on Royal Canin Prescription Diet Hypoallergy HP.

I stopped giving her treats. I even stopped making her home made food. One friend of mine told me her parents had a dog who had allergic reaction to gluten. So I think this is what my girl is having problem with, gluten.

Since I stopped giving her treats and making sure the food I am giving her does not have gluten, she seems to be all right. I started to add raw meat and veggies to her diet again, making sure to avoid anything that contain wheat, oats or grains of any kind and she seems to be all right.

So I agree with the other answers you received. First get a second or a third opinion from another vet or vets. Have all the tests done to eliminate the usual suspects. Then consider his problems could be allergy related. It is hard to determine the kind of allergy. You will have to go by an elimination process until you find the culprit.
Thank you all for sharing your valuable knowledge its help me lot
Fraulein in India vet is 50 years back from your country, you better know what i want to say in this little sentence

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Welcome swagat_j & sweet boy Pommy:

Chin Pimples is usually from kibble, that has the nutritional value of "saw dust".

35 years ago / I listened to my good breeder, but she knew sh*t about dog food.

It is not the bowls, I used a Stainless Steel one too, but every days feeding was DAILY POISON.
- and she died at 9.5 y/o full of cancer tumors
(I mourned our Tanya's death, daily for 2 years straight and wife took 5 years to recover)

14 years later, second pup brought into our lives / first few months & same food...same chin pimples ----> no surprise, in hindsight now.
- then I got smart / only feed perfect holistic &/or organic kibble...plus home cooked meals of meat/veggies/rice
Our current Amy is 11.5 y/o, coat soft like mink, zero dandruff, zero pimples (all gone)...and she doesn't even smell like a dog.
- we are what we eat / chicken heads & beaks + carcass feathers = dog smells like road kill
(nothing goes into my dobes mouth now, that I would not eat myself...if I had to)

Chin Pimples are a symptom of BAD FOOD, and the TOXINS are coming out on the soft skin side.
NOT the dog dish type, whatsoever (wise-tale).
- the LIVER cannot keep up / processing and trying to cleanse the low quality of food (kibble), and this organ is running on over-time or 24/7 over-drive
Something has to give, IMO...the pimples breakout, tell the real story.
- on good professional advise, I made the same mistake with dobe #1...but I got much smarter with dobe #2...and her feeding plan reflected real quality

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Looks like a staph infection to me. Eli had that a couple of times. He needed antibiotics. His chin looks infected and it all the way down his neck. Goodness, find a new vet, I'm sorry but that is not right. I do not think it is from bowls or food, it look infected. It may have started out from allergies but it has advanced to something that needs treatment, intervention. At least I think so.

·
Premium Member
8,440 Posts
I have to say staph infection IMO as I am not a vet however Roxy gets those pimple like red bumps on the inside of her tummy at times.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Thanks for reply
1.i already using stainless steel bowl for food and and water but i got your point this because of milk, after drank milk i need too clean chin with water
2.rest of body its different thing there is dead skin layers i remove that dead skin layer with my nails then there is baldness you can view photo no 3
3.first red sore or bump with pause aper on skin and after few day its heal or what i dont know but then there is white dead skin layer seen as white spot
4.i feed him Royal Canin Maxi Junior dry food and milk only and also give him multi vitamin tonic

Health Tonic for Pets with
Omega 3 - polysaturates

Composition
Cod Liver Oil-50% v/v
Refined Soya Oil-50% v/v

Benefits
Faster Growth, Shiny Coat
To Keep pets bouncy and energetic.
Fatty acid supplementation
Maybe a second Vet. opin. Do you have any higher end food choices and what are they? For starters try and find food with no corn, corn gluten, wheat or soy. I would stop the Health Tonic. It has lots of Soy in it. The Cod liver oil is good. I would try some of the other things I mentioned.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
Raw feeding might help, especially sticking to white meats and fish (with only a small amount of red meat and organs.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just aquired a new family member, Kola, 7 months old red. We got her from a couple who rescued her. They found her tangled in some bushes and took her home, vet visit, she had some bumps all over her back sort of white looking the vet put her on childrens benedryl saying she had gotten into some there in the woods. Does that sound right? We have only had her three days, she is a love, and get along great with our two year old dobe, Have not brought her to my vet yet as we do not know how long she was lost in the woods and want to get her settled here first and let her know she has her forever family! She and my Loki are inseperable!! I did put her on the lamb and rice thinking maybe food allergy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts