Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that since we've got Jordan that the rain gets him rambunctious. It is not because he can't go out to play because we'll come in from outside and as soon as he gets in he's a little devil. He chases the kids, cats, jumps, and just wants to play, play, play. Of course he does this other times but is easy to put off by ignoring or an acceptable game of play. During rain though he gets uncontrollably playful. It has been raining the past 3 days straight and training goes out the door. Simple stuff that he knows and has no problems with other time like sit, wait, stay, down. We did our training for the past three days and you'd think he has had none at all, like it's a foreign language. I'm willing to bet though that after the rain is gone he'll go back to his normal self.

I wondered if it might my stress from rain but I'll make a point to do training when I'm calm and relaxed and it doesn't seem to help at all. (I hate rain because it means I'm cleaning carpet when it clears up.)

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Could just be his age too! Petey is suddenly deaf....he doesn't hear any commands unless there is something in it for him! Grrrr.....puppies!

Carol

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My blinds are telling me he is going through his terrible toddler stage. I've just noticed this is MAJOR when it is rainy or wet. After rain for 3 days (loads of it) and calling for more the next 2 I'm so fed up. We've had 6 inches the past 4 days, 4" coming all at once with a flood of our property.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
My blinds are telling me he is going through his terrible toddler stage. I've just noticed this is MAJOR when it is rainy or wet. After rain for 3 days (loads of it) and calling for more the next 2 I'm so fed up. We've had 6 inches the past 4 days, 4" coming all at once with a flood of our property.
YIKES! That is a ton of rain!!!! We have had very little since I got the poop, I'm hoping it stays that way for a bit...he can be insane in the house too...if only we could bottle that energy!

Carol

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd buy it. Right now we have sun for the first time since the rain started and I'm loving it. And.....he's lazy. Imagine that. Now if some of the mud would dry up. Summer (mut) has the hairiest feet in the world and as much as I try I can't clean her feet enough to not track red clay mud all over the house. I'm so saving for new floors downstairs.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
When it is normal rain, my dogs are fine. When the pressure changes and it is a wierd thunderstorm the dogs act wierd. That is usually when I know to check out the weather station. Sounds off. They have let me know when a tornado was coming through before I tuned into the television and woke me up in the night, so I trust animals instincts. They are my forecasters. :D

·
Premium Member
10,268 Posts
I've noticed that since we've got Jordan that the rain gets him rambunctious. It is not because he can't go out to play because we'll come in from outside and as soon as he gets in he's a little devil. He chases the kids, cats, jumps, and just wants to play, play, play. Of course he does this other times but is easy to put off by ignoring or an acceptable game of play. During rain though he gets uncontrollably playful. It has been raining the past 3 days straight and training goes out the door. Simple stuff that he knows and has no problems with other time like sit, wait, stay, down. We did our training for the past three days and you'd think he has had none at all, like it's a foreign language. I'm willing to bet though that after the rain is gone he'll go back to his normal self.

I wondered if it might my stress from rain but I'll make a point to do training when I'm calm and relaxed and it doesn't seem to help at all. (I hate rain because it means I'm cleaning carpet when it clears up.)
I'll make you a bet! I'll bet that Jordan doesn't get as much outside time and outside exercise when it is raining as he does when it's not.

That will definitely jack up a puppy and energize them (after all they didn't get to blow it off outside).

You may think they are outside and exercised as much when it rains as when it doesn't but if you actually kept an honest log you'd probably find otherwise.

I can laugh about it--my teenager is finally able to go out again and run off his extra energy (he was in bandages because of foot damage that took forever to completely heal) and the rain has basically stopped (in the rainy Pacific Northwest)--so I'm not spending my live trying to contain his energy in the house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts