Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just throwing this out there, maybe somebody can give me a clue. When Mark and I first met a million years ago we almost got a Chow puppy but couldn't agree on where it would live. In our bed was my idea he said only outside... Dogs belong outside. (what a goob :)
At any rate over the past 13 years he's learned that the dogs live inside but tries his best to put up this huge front that he only tolerates the dogs.
I brought Chi home about a month ago. Her kennel is in the living room and I don't encourage her to go upstairs. Untill she is completely housetrained and out of the chewing stage I think it would be easier to keep an eye on her if I don't have to chase her upstairs as well. I find this to be completely logical and would imagine that he would agree. Now he is a cop in the Air Force and works pretty much all the time (one reason for choosing a Dobe) in bed by 8 (if he's home by then) and up at 3 am. So I've been sleeping on the sofa in the living room so Chi won't disturb him if she wakes to go out at night. :picknose:
For the past several nights she has slept solid from about 10-6. So tonight I told him I was moving back upstairs (just realized this makes our relationship sound very bad but really it isn't) and he said "What about the baby?" :eek11: "The baby?" I ask. "yeah, what about Chi... won't she be lonely?" Now does this sound like a guy that only barely tolerates the puppy? After much discussion I convinced him she will be fine but I had to agree that tomorrow night we move her crate upstairs and by next week we'll talk about letting her on the bed. I tried to make the point that he must really be fond of the dog and he acted like I cut his arm off or something... He's such a goob... Why can't he just admit that he's in love with this little (but growing so very fast) ball of energy???
Insight anyone?
And
Does anyone else have this "problem" with their others or is it just me?
~Tracy :)
www.dogster.com/?179758

·
Registered
421 Posts
Maybe at first because chaz didn't have dogs growing up.It so funny cuz he loves the dogs as much as I do now. His parents think we are nutts. His mom asked what we were going to do without a big dog if we had kids and I had to look at her like she was nutts! The dogs are staying here lady! So no,not him I have aproblem with,his parents on the other hand are another story.
In my gallery here you can actually see my dobe sitting on chaz on the bed. that says it all for me :)

He does have an avversion to guinea pigs that I don't really understand. I love the things but he can't stand them.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hehehe! I know mine loves the dogs!! I swear I never thought I'd be the one to put my foot down and say NO MORE ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!! (until we get our bigger house in the spring then it's another dobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Yeah, I'm not excited right???? He wants one for him because Lexy is so totally MY dog!!! Everyone else is a second rate citizen to her! I love it! Couse you know if we get another it will end up as mine too, I'm the one that feeds, works, plays, walks and bikes with them!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
First ,your dog is very cute!! I know how men can be. My husband was in the Air Force and my brother in law was in the Marines.. Now men need to look tough! Even though inside they are creampuffs! My husband also has a stroke if the dogs are going to miss a meal because we are not going to be home.. Now mind you, we feed our dogs 3 times a day.. i am sure that missing one meal is not going to kill them. Men all act as though the animals in their lives are no big deal but we women all know the truth.. He is young give him time. He just needs to look Macho.. Wait till your dog is big the he will be singing a different tune. (PS, How long have you been in Japan? We live at Misawa AFB, Japan for almost 4 years and if I could I would go back and live there forever)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frznbuns,
Thank you, I think she's pretty dern cute too :)
With a name like that I'd guess you were in Minot :) We've only been here since June this time but was here before from 95-99. From here we went to Germany (awesome, gonna try to get back there one more time too) and then to Minot. He did another remote to Korea to get us back here this time. I've not been to Misawa but have several friends there that absolutely LOVE it. Gonna try to hop up and visit them for few days in this winter for some skiing. No doubt Mark will have a fit about Chi missing us then too :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts