Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Cooper
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just untapped his ears and found this spot at the top fo his ear. It is kind of puffed up and im worried. Im going to make a vet appointment in the morning just wanted to see if anyone on here has seen this before...he is not scratching at it and when you touch it he does not seem to mind. Any ideas or help would be great.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That kind of looks like a bug bite of some sort ? How long was he out of post before he was re posted this last time ? Maybe he got a bee sting or something lol maybe try some hydrocortisone cream we used that on some sand flea bites and they were gone the next day. You can get it at cvs. I'm not sure if that's what it is but it sure looks like it. Maybe some else will chime in knowing what it is :)

·
Super Cooper
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he is always posted for 3-5 days and he is always out for 3 hours to half a day his ears stay up the entire time he is not posted, it does look like a bite, i use garlic to help with the bugs ive never let them fall but they are cleaned well with alcohol front and back i always use a mix of alcohol and vinigar to get the tape off i use to not tear the skin off. This is the first real bump in the road with post for im almost 3 months into posting and they ears have done amazingly well im very lucky with Cooper. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
150 Posts
Could very well be wrong , but looks like a blister maybe starting to form? Benny had a small one at the tip of his ear that I noticed one night after removing tape. To fix I back taped the post, but left the part that would touch that part not back taped and instead cut a small piece of gauze and taped it there (so that affected part was not touching tape, I also put a little bit of baby powder on the tip of the ear to help with moisture and rubbing). After two posts like that it was gone, but I continue to put a little baby power at the tip of each ear.

Also I have also read to make sure the tape at the tip of the ear is not too tight and if the tape gets any moisture at all to remove as the tape will shrink...

·
Super Cooper
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My main concern was infection...thats the biggest thing...he had some bumps on his legs and his current vet was concerned about the calcium powder and the multivitamin the vet that crops his ears had him oncefpodoximo 100mg for the bumps hopefully that will help with any infection from posting that could come up..his ears are fully healed and have been for a few months now though...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anything more on this? I am seeing this as well.

I assumed that I removed the post to quickly or didn't use enough to mineral oil.

Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts