Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gracie is almost 2 years old. When we first got her, her legs looked weak and her chest didn't look like a dobes chest. We were told that with the amount of starvation she endured (sp?) she might not ever look right! That wasn't a problem to us we thought she was beautiful no matter what. Well tonight I got home from work and I was petting her. Her chest is getting HUGE. Her rib cage has dropped, and her legs have huge muscles in them. I look at my baby girl every day, but these changes happen so slowly, then all the sudden one day BAM it hits you that she is becoming that doberman that you have only seen pictures of. (Atleast for me anyways!)

My baby girl isn't really a baby I guess anymore. :( She is turning into a beautiful young doberwoman. Now let's see if she will have the brains to go along with the body. :help_up_2

:dancing_b <-- That's me right now.

I guess I will have to work on getting new pictures of her!

·
Registered
281 Posts
:bounce:
I know the excitement you are feeling~~Harveys rib cage suddenly dropped and the muscles he is getting a rock solid and he shot up in height and his face changed into a real handsome one lol ...looks like your little girl is growing up :sobbing: I had the same concerns with Harvey. I was completely in love with him but peoples comments on his weight and how awfull he looked was saddening. Harvey was also severly starved and it took along time for him to gain weight and build the muscle.

Finally he is muscling out and looking fantastic but has still got a way to go :)

this is a picture of Harvey not long after we got him .. you can see he has a real good muscle tone but it makes me feel ill to see this pic as he was so thin and to see his ribs and skin barely covering his bones and spine was awfull :-(

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ava is comming up on her 2nd birthday in a few months and it seems like all of a sudden she's turned into a dog and not the gangly long legged pup she used to be. She still looks like a puppy to me but to people to haven't seen her in a while they can't believe how much she's grown. I was worried people were going to think she was a Greyhound for the rest of her life. ;)

My baby girl isn't really a baby I guess anymore.
She'll always be your baby girl no matter how old she is. Just now you're going to have to start shooing all the boys away that are going to come looking for your young lady. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Awww, At least Gracie will never grow up enough to move away! She's so lucky to have you guys!! Can't wait to see some new pictures!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts