Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DT has been a lifesaver for me and Einstein for being a goldmine of knowledge. We have tackled worms, cropping, and proper training with the help of everyone here.

I have a question though. There is a lot of talk about "pockets" in ears during the posting process. I haven't seen much about exactly what they are.

The reason I ask is because...well...I want Einstein's ears to be as studly as possible. He has a fold on his left ear on the front. One youtube video I watched said to open the flap up and tape over it...some others said you want to leave the fold and tape over it. I'm guessing this is what causes the pockets?

Can someone give a detail explanation on what they are? Maybe post some pictures of what is considered bad, progressing to ok.

·
Extraordimary
4,954 Posts
A pocket is like a sinkhole on the top of the head at the base of the ear usually right behind that little natural fold (which, btw, you work with, not against, when you're taping). You have to make sure the ears are pulled up on the post and not sinking down into that hole/pocket).

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
there are other threads on pockets including pics if you try the google search bar

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Okay, so the perspective is all funny from the wide angle, but if you look at his ears, there's a giant crease at the base, which causes his ears to lean into eachother when he perks them up enough:

If he's alert enough, they touch or even overlap.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
This is a Pocket
Notice his left ear (looking at the picture) leans and touches the other ear (his right had a minor pocket too, but not as bad)

Looking at the ear from an above view

·
Registered
28 Posts
by looking at the pictures, im pretty sure my 6 month old boy has pockets. but his ears dont touch. this is a pic of him the other day, i havent posted for at least a month. do you think his ears are done with posting?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts