Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through my dogs pedigrees on dobequest LC-10D/L comes up several times, didn't find anything on google so I'm really curious now.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Looking through my dogs pedigrees on dobequest LC-10D/L comes up several times, didn't find anything on google so I'm really curious now.
These are longevity certificates issued by the DPCA. LC-10D means the dog was 10 at time of death. LC-10L means the dog was alive at the time it became eligible for a longevity certificate...10 is the minimum age for an LC. If the code was LC-13L that would mean the dog was 13 at the time the longevity certificate was issued, etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear, thx. Dobequest doesn't seem to be updated on deaths and health testing very often, is it the breeders who do it?

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Good to hear, thx. Dobequest doesn't seem to be updated on deaths and health testing very often, is it the breeders who do it?
Dobequest is dependent on DPCA members to add and update dogs - mostly owners and breeders. It is a great tool, but is not used nearly enough IMHO

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Anyone can add their dog to the database, you don't need to be a DPCA member to do the initial input. If you want anything changed after that initial input, like updating health testing,etc., then a DPCA member has to do it.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Thanks DT gang...for the link & description...most interesting.

Maybe I will register our Amy, in Dec...when she turns 11 y/o.
- my first dobe didn't make the 10 year mark / so ++10 has been a goal of mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts