Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Jambolou- The second one only has UKC champions... and only AKC pointed. Atleast she is making an effort to show her dogs, but if I were to spend over 1500 on a 'show lines' pup, I'd like atleast an AKC champion. There is also no health testing on her site, and is already advertising 2 litters within a couple months.

Massey- Seems like a good choice. She has the appropriate health testing (with actual links to tests) and championships. Her stud Ace is a very handsome boy! And on top of regular health testing, actually includes holter results. This 'breeder' would definitely be worth getting in touch with.

As for the first one, I can not even understand their website, or find anything outside of pictures on it. Nothing about health testing etc. Confusing site layout therefore I will say nothing on it!

Good luck :) and good job for asking before hand.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Massey is the best looking one of the bunch, she is the only one I saw mention health testing and who has titles on all but the puppy she is currently showing.

Jambolou- no health testing mentioned, pedigrees have a few champions from good breeders, but usually only on half the pedigree, and it didn't appear that she is titling her own dogs which isn't what I want for that price especially when I can get the same price and a better quality dog somewhere else.

As for southwind in Pr, it's the same as jambolou from what I could find, but the site was a little busy and hard to really read much on, a good deal of information seems hidden, and their "stack" pictures where not worth putting up imo on most of the dogs.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I had trouble with the first website- nothing but pictures and hard to get around, and some pages wouldn't work. Hopefully someone else will be along to weigh in on it.

The last you provided, Massey Dobermans, seems a good breeder. Her dogs are titled, and health tested. All responsible and reputable breeders health test, temperament test, title their dogs, and aim to produce only dogs that would further the Doberman breed.

The second one I'm a little lukewarm on. The titling is hit or miss, and I can't find a thing about health testing, although it looks like she is indeed making an effort to produce champions.

I'd give Massey a call, and do a little more research on them. Good luck!

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Family Dobes? No way- stay clear of this one too. Euro greeder/byb.

Can you tell us a little more about your situation? I mean nothing too personal :) You're in PR?
What byb means?

Here is my situation I'm looking for a female doberman red/rust. I am not planning to breed her, actually spay her definitely. I just want a pet companion for my energetic life, a dog I can take with me to the parks, beaches and outdoor activities. As you know here in the caribbean is like summer all year long.

But back to the theme, I want a pet (not a show dog), but a good one because all the health issues with the race make me uncomfortable and scared of losing my dog after I get in love with her. Also, I want her to look good, that's why I am searching for a reputable breeder.

Any recommendations now?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any other suggestion?

Any other suggestion? For what I'm looking for, any breeder name come to your mind? That would be available to send me the puppy by airplane.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts