Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I feed my Shiz tzu a homemade diet lightly cooked. I will feed my dobe. this way also.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
raw.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Innova large breed puppy

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I was on all raw, but the prices of meat has skyrocketed here, so that in mind for providing variety. In addition, I was thinking that an ultra premium is maybe better for all it offers in the food that I can't offer with raw, so I switched to an ultra premium with Eagle Pack and Merricks dry (I prefer to change it up from time to time) with canned also about half the week, fish oil capsules, and Missing Link supplements. My girl looks and seems to feel better then ever. I'm am supplementing raw again recently a few times a week as well.

·
Registered
357 Posts
At the moment they are on Maxximum lamb and rice.. but when i get some more money comeing in ill be switching them to chicken soup for dogs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well as for me I used to feed Luke on Raw meat and bones but the place where I buy my meat in bulk seems to be giving me less and less each time and I can't afford to get it from the regular stores so I may be putting him back on nutro!:sadcry:

He loves kibble but his skin doesn't!

·
Banned
675 Posts
I feed Monte Innova adult dry. I feed him twice a day, moistening the kibble wtih water. Once every week or two he gets a raw egg in his dinner, and occasionally some canned food. He also often gets a little of whatever I'm eating for dinner. He has even been known to have some KFC chicken or Egg McMuffin on weekends.

Kinteet if you put your dog back on kibble, I recommend something different than Nutro. Quite a few Dobermans I know of don't do well on Nutro, and if he's having a skin problem on Nutro, maybe a different brand would work better for him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
IAMS. I tried some of the "quality" food, like Innova and Canidae but they didn't agree with Chico. He threw up, his coat was dull and flaky and he was so skinny and I was feeding him 4 cups a day. I have had the best experience from IAMS.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts