born 3-14

Pet Breed
Doberman Pinscher Color
Black and Rust

Neutered
No Pet Sex
Unspecific

Description
BEAUCERON PUPPIES!! This is a VERY rare breed. In fact, it wasn't even listed in the breed list when making this ad so I had to choose Doberman since its the closest breed. The Beauceron is a very old, french breed and was used in making the Doberman in Germany. Please see our website for tons of information on this extraordinary breed. The litter was born March 14th, 2006. www.BeauceronsDesChampions.com. There are lots of pictures! We are located near charlotte in Columbia, South Carolina

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
DobiLove said:
neat, yeah there are TONS of breed that not many ppl know about heh
The AKC recognizes roughly 150 breeds (can't remember the exact number). The FCI, the registry used in much of the world, recognizes 400-some breeds.

Beauceron are...interesting dogs. Very primitive, not a dog that would succeed in a large number of homes. One noteworthy thing about them is they're required to have double dewclaws in the rear.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
a couple years ago I was watching the animal planet's dog shows and that was the breed that they introduced and said that many have not heard about it. it is a neat looking dog .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love french beaucerons, beautiful dogs. They were accepted into the missallaneus (sp?) class by the AKC not to long ago. So I'm sure you'll start to see more, as they become more popular in the show ring, unfortunately another breed that BYB's and Puppy mills will corrupt because of the increased popularity.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
They are fantastic dogs, I had the pleasure of meeting 2 Beaucerons (pronounced Bow-sir-own...not many people seem to know that) a couple months ago. They're very protective of their families though, much like the Doberman, but a little more so. I actually looked into them before the Doberman, but Dobes are much easier to find it seems. In person, they actually look a little like Dobe/GSD mixes in my opinion, even though they obviously aren't of that mix since I'm pretty sure the Dobe is a newer breed. They are pretty big dogs and their coat length is about that of a Rottweiler (short, with a somewhat of an undercoat) as opposed to the Dobes smooth, slick, close lying coat. Though, that could just have been the ones I met. Maybe it depends on the dog and it's lines.

·
Super Moderator
15,568 Posts
crxman321 said:
wow they sure do look alot like dobes
if you read into some dobe history you will see alot of beauceron influence. many of the early 20th c dogs looked almost identical to smaller beaucerons with bobbed tails.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts