Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

puppy at one of the loacl shelters here wont b able to go till next week...maybe if i bat my eyes real nice at hubby LOL

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hmmmm, looks dobie to me. Although the fur looks a little long on the legs and shoulders? Cutie patootie;)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Thats a tough one Tracy they look so alike at that age,i would like to see it standing but i would lean toward dobe.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea im gonna call soon as hubby brings me his cell mine works but noone can hear me but i can hear them:( gonna see if i can comelook at her and see :) maybe go ahead n fill out the paperwork to adopt her lol

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I dont know it is hard to tell...especially since some rotties have smooth hair...and some have longer hair...I agree with brum that it would be easier to tell when standing...b.c rotts I think have a little less shape to them and a bigger butt saddle i would call it lol
i went online and did an image search for rott pups...and here are some...in the first when when he is standing...that is what im talking about with the hips and butt...stomach...etc...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Doberman online search pictures...see in the first picture that has a bunch of little pictures...a dobermans hips and back tail area is usually very different...

·
Registered
333 Posts
I say Dobie. Rotts have a more square face. He is sooooooo cute. Bring him home, hubby will fall in love. Did that with my Suzy. Hubby was out of town on business, came home next day, saw puppy, adamantly refused to have another puppy in the house, said take her back, 10 months later this is now HIS girl.:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he said i could if i could get her.im sure she will go fast tho. He banned me from goin to shelters LOL id always be beggin to bring em home. i did quite a few. pulled for the humaine society and deleivered them to their new homes ect. i worked at one before i was preg with my last one. hubby made me stop when i got about 6 months old. he was afraid id fall on the wet floors when cleanin kennels. wnderful volunteer work lotta tears tho..

·
Registered
602 Posts
Tracy, its wonderful you are planning on bringing the puppy home. I am also leaning towards dobie. I am waiting for Princess to get passed two years and then I will also start looking at local shelters for another dobie.

Good Luck
Naveen

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Could it possibly be a mix?

It looks alot like a Dobie but the head is a little round to me and the fur appears a little long around the neck in that 2nd picture.

Either way good luck and I think it's great you are considering adopting the lil pup.

TD

·
Super Moderator
15,665 Posts
looks like a mix to me, hair is not as thick or as close lying as a dobe nor is the skin. his face is very round and looks more like a seal

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
boy the sure do look alike atthe young age.. It is hard to tell sometimes.. Oh heck give hubby some extra lovin' Hee hee and then say Honey I have a BIG surprise.. Hee Hee

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol :p
i called the shelter she wont b available uintil the 22nd. cant go look at her b/c shes in the quarentine with the other new dogs. they do that with all the new dogs for at least 5 days...so next monday i told him id be there at 12pm sharp when they r open LOL

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I'd say Dobie as well. Rottie's have square jaw. Rottie's tend to be square all round, shorter leg, solid thru the chest to the tail. Dobes have that tell-tale deep rib cage tapering upward to the belly. Look at the size of puppy's paws!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
He doesn't look pure anything to me. I'd say he's either a Doberman/Lab mix or a Doberman/Rottweiler mix. Beautiful puppy though!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
dobie

If it is a mix i think it is more dobe. To me it doesn't have the block head of a rotti and the wide round slanting skull shape. His ears are longer like a dobes, rotties ears are a different shape and shorter. The hair and body is the question wish pup was standing as well to see confirmation. Going to be a cute dog though regardless. Good luck convincing the other half. :eek2: :eek2:

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I would say a mix.

Is she going to be adopted out intact? The dog really needs to be spayed. Most shelters do this for their puppies before letting them leave.

I have seen your website and am left innocently wondering is this dog going to be kept outside on a chain too? Maybe that is not how things are all the time but it was just what I saw on the website.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no not all the time only when we r outsdie and its a pretty day. we lived right on a busy rd (truckin company and industrial park)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Tracy, I have seen your site also and I noticed you are looking to get rid of a cocker. Why would you want another dog if you are getting rid of one? I see your cat has had kittens and you are expecting another litter of Dobermans in August. Don't any of your animals get altered. I'm sure you have been told by now that not every animal is breed worthy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the cocker was not mine. I did give her to a good home and she DID get fixed before she did. her new owner paid for it and she didnt get the papers for it. My cat did have kittens. they all have new homes as sooon as they r 7 weeks old. Priss had an appointment to get fixed but got preg before she could. but she is gettin fixed in 2 weeks made the appointment today. The vet we usually use is booked under october on spays and neuters so i used someone else. The cocker belonged to a neighbor of my best friend. she was tied out back no water or food only dust in her pans and was starved. she was lucky to get a half a hamburger if it was leftover. So i asked her if i could have her she said sure shes reg and everything but i dont want her take her before she starves to death. so i did. i found her a new home after i gave her a couple baths and cut a 1/2 bucketfull of matts off of her. it worked out for the better for the dog.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts