Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

What did you feed your new puppies?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  eegreen 
I fed PPP salmon and then PPP chicken adult at around 5 months of age. My 10 month old may have a chicken allergy according to my vet, so we're looking at novel protein options now. No big bags of PPP salmon where I live, so I started looking at other companies. I really like Nature's Logic- they don't use synthetic vitamins and use only whole food sources including liver, and they actually conducted AAFCO feed trials to substantiate their base formulas. They also have a relatively new grain-free line that do not contain peas or legumes specifically to address the DCM fiasco. I feed NL canned to my cat and I'm pleased with the quality. So I'm gonna transition my dog to NL as well and monitor.

But this aside, the PPP salmon is a tried and true option for many doberman owners so that's a fail safe option. I also add Native Pet omega oil to both my dog and cat's food, very happy with the ingredients and ease of use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.