Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps I’m suffering from search overload, but it seems like every review for every dog boot I’ve found is mixed at best. Whether it’s a $20 set or a $100 set. …so, I’m asking those of you who have experience with dog boots for your dobe and a bit of deep snow (I’m in Chicago) what boots do you use and why? What boots stay on best in variety of winter conditions including deep snow?

TIA!

·
Super Moderator
21,683 Posts
No boots. We've tried too many and none hold up to Shanoa's play style. We use Musher's Secret and Tuf Foot in the winter and that seems to work fine for us. And we're in Minnesota, so we have a lot of snow! Just be sure to wipe your dog's feet off after walking on streets that have been salted.

Reactions: Echo

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I'm kinda thinking that there is no really decent boot. My hesitation with Musher's Secret is that most of my place is carpeted, and I've read that MS can be hard to clean off and cause stains. True?

·
Registered
208 Posts
We use Musher's Secret too (but mostly for hot summer pavement since we're in Houston).

It will leave spots though (we have hardwood, but it comes out of our slip covers without much trouble). I would say maybe apply it while your dog is laying down (that's what we do, and it gives it time to dry) or maybe apply it in a mud room/hall on the way out?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If you still would like to try boots....I would go with the ones from Ruff Wear. Easy on easy off and keep their feet dry. I had to use these when my Bluberry became ill...her pads on her feet were coming off....so she had to have her feet protected everytime she went outside. It's important to get the right size.

Bark'n Boots Grip Trex Dog Boots from Ruff Wear

·
Registered
662 Posts
When I had my last boy I bought him the Muttluks dog boots. They were easy to put on but they only lasted a month and were full of holes. Then I bought him the Neo-Paws and he hated them. They were hard to put on but kept his feet warm and dry. I used them when there was a lot of salt on the roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts