Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

What are you feeding?

1K views 18 replies 19 participants last post by  Tollers-n-Dobes 
#1 ·
I am curious what people who have very active/working Dobes are feeding their dogs? With all the dog food recalls I am looking into other feeding options. Thanks for any input. (My dobe is a very active dog who shows in obedience)

#2 ·
I feed Nature's Variety: Instinct (kibble) and I could not be happier with how my dogs are doing on it. Their stools are small and once a day, their coats are nice and soft, no gas(!), and my doberman's coat is SO shiny. It's pricey but he is looking great so it's worth it for me.

#3 · (Edited)
Zeus is on Blue Buff Chix and Fish mixed. I just put our new GSD on Wilderness Blue b/c I was out of the Instinct when he came home LOL. He's actually doing great on it though and he's a typical Euro GSD that we seem to end up with and gets loose stools easily so we'll leave well enough alone for how. My new pup I think will be on the Instinct which I used to feed before I lost my job and had 5 mouths to feed (dogs), then I just somehow ended up on Blue since then - oh, we didn't have Instince until about 4 mos ago and it was easier to get from work then having to go to another store LOL. I'm lazy :) Oh - and the GSD is his police dog.

Reactions: A&D
#9 ·
My husky and GSD are on Acana.

Dobe is on K9 Natural Raw.

Pleased with both. Been on Acana for over a year with no issues, Canada has great, clean farms and air. On the raw, I've noticed my Dobe has much smaller stools and it hardly smells. Great benefits!

#12 ·
I rotate between Natures Variety Instinct and Earthborn Holistic... (No Grains, No Chicken are my rules) but I rotate between any formula that doesn't have those 2 things.

#19 ·
Mine are not working dogs but they are active pets. They both eat Acana. Keira was on Pacifica forever but has recently been eating the Duck & Pear and is doing really well. And Ripley is doing best on Ranchlands.

Dance (my Toller) eats raw and is doing excellent on it. I wish I could feed them all raw. It's costly though for three dogs and I still don't have enough freezer space for everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.