Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm watching live and its 3:00am in Australia. They are showing the Norwegian Lundehund.. I dont even think they are recognized as a breed in Aus, never heard of them. I am disappointed they didnt show Salukis live and are going in favor of the more 'rare' breeds instead of showing crowd faves like the Std Poodle. (EDITED) I do enjoy seeing less known breeds show though so I guess its their chance to shine :)

Any way I am quite excited for the Dobes tomorrow, quite a few nice bitches in the line up...maybe its time for Fifi to share the crown, what do you all think?:nicejob:

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
i miss the Westminster parties we used to have. :)

a few of us used to get together and watch to show, judge, critique and all in all enjoy it to the fullest.

I have a few old VHS's of westminster shows of the past, though most were 'borrowed' and not returned.

HEY....Bambi.........you still got the one with Shaq being shown?

if so.....give it back.

:)

Good luck to all in this years show!

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Here's the catalog for dobermans. No guarantee every dog will be there, but it will give you some idea of who *might* be there:

The Westminster Kennel Club | 2012 Breed Entries: Doberman Pinscher

I think BOB is Fifi's to win..but I also know even the best handlers can choke in this particular ring at times. So IMO,a lot depends on whether Jocelyn holds it together.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I am so hoping Fifi takes the whole show! She is so stunning!
If Diego's boxer, Scarlet, is there and wins the breed, which is as likely as Fifi winning the breed in dobes, Fifi is going to have a hard time winning the working group.

While Fifi has beaten Scarlet before, Scarlet beating Fifi has been far more common. The odds are with Scarlet. And I can live with that, I don't think I've ever seen a better boxer.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Stupid slow internet! I want to watch too! What is on now? How many hours away are Dobes? And group judging? Or is it the middle of the night and nothing is happening? LOL

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Alright so it's 5pm Monday in New York right now... Dobes are on 8:30am Tuesday... that's 15hrs away... It's 11am Tuesday here... Hmmmm so that's 2am Wednesday for me......

Reactions: thea2003

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
so you're 2 hrs ahead of us aren't you? so 12am for us ? ...and would that be 11pm for you Nightgrace? (times zones do my head in)

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
I hate time zones LOL But yes I *think* Dobes will be on at midnight for you Australdi, and at 11pm for nightrace if she is in that part of Aussie that doesn't do daylight savings or whatever. At least Giant Schnauzers are on at a decent hour, 8am for me, might be able to see those! Will set my alarm for 2am and see if I get up :p

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
just watching some of the judging highlights videos...the subaru ads at the start of each are hilarious!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I hope Fifi does well too! Who knows what's going to happen at this point, some top dogs haven't made it out of the breed, including the TWO lovely standard poodles that have been doing very well. This is exciting, things getting mixed up a bit ;)

1 - 20 of 267 Posts