Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please recommend a vet in the west Tx area to crop ears I already know of Schaffer and Crouch, but some of us cannot either afford to make the trip or don't have the time make 6 or 8 hour drive trips. There has got to be another vet in west Tx that does good job maybe not the best but good. I'm wanting the medium show crop not a long show. My pup will be 8 weeks 7-1-13 so I need to act pretty fast.

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
May I ask why the breeder isn't handling the cropping for you? That is their job, not a job for a new owner!

Also, the vet will pick the style of crop, as they know what will look best for that individual dog, so that isn't your job either! Did your breeder really leave you will all this responsibility? :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the breeder docked the tails as for the ears i couldn't tell you he was a gift for fathers day. All I know is he came out of amarillo.

·
Got mutt?
13,654 Posts
These two vets are the only ones in Texas that are recommended.

Gianna Crouch
Grand Park Animal Clinic
830 South Mason Road
Katy, TX 77450
281-392-3127

Schaffer, Deborah DVM
Animal Hospital of Frisco
6451 Preston Rd
Frisco, TX

If you don't want to make a drive, or spend the money (a crop can easily run $500+), I'd say just leave the ears alone.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Some vets don't do crops. The ones that do many times do a crappy job. The ones that are skilled and do nice crops are going to cost you money. This is why people go to reputable breeders because all this is taken care of. IF you find a good cropper it is going to cost you driving time and $$$.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Keep in mind that this is something that you will have to look at for (hopefully) 10+ years. It is worth it IMO to make sure they are pretty and properly done. Once done, they cannot be undone. If it is ugly, then the beautiful animal you have will look less regal.

If you are worried about money or travel, leave them natural. Dobermans are beautiful with natural ears.

·
Registered
135 Posts
These two vets are the only ones in Texas that are recommended.

Gianna Crouch
Grand Park Animal Clinic
830 South Mason Road
Katy, TX 77450
281-392-3127

Schaffer, Deborah DVM
Animal Hospital of Frisco
6451 Preston Rd
Frisco, TX

If you don't want to make a drive, or spend the money (a crop can easily run $500+), I'd say just leave the ears alone.

There is another vet in the DFW area but she isn't much closer to you than Dr Schaffer.

The other vet is Dr Leigh Anne Robertson at Lantana Animal Hospital. Dr Robertson currently owns and has shown Dobes. She is a member of both the DPCD and the DPCA. She was trained the Art of cropping by Dr Ann Platt.

http://Www.lantanaanimalhospital.com
4110 Justin Rd, Suite 100
Flower Mound, TX 75077
Phone: (940) 584-0101
Fax: (940) 784-2218

Direct link to Dr Roberstons ear cropping page: Lantana Animal Hospital Services

Each of the above listed vets specialize in Dobes and come highly recommended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts