Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I posted that I was concerned because Gunner was acting so laid back. It was so different from how he usually acts, that I really thought he was possibly getting sick. Well, fear not. My hyper bouncing doberman is back today. He started the day with digging a huge hole while he was supposed to be out going potty this morning...it literally took him under 5 minutes to become completely covered in black sand. Needless to say I had to bathe him and after his bath, he figured out how to bump the ice cube dispenser on the fridge to get his own ice. Genius. He apparently figured this out while I was getting the kids dressed for school because when I came back into the kitchen, he was standing there surrounded by about 20 ice cubes in the floor. He finally figured out a good use for those nose pokes. Geez....oh well. At least he's definitely not sick :p

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Yesterday I posted that I was concerned because Gunner was acting so laid back. It was so different from how he usually acts, that I really thought he was possibly getting sick. Well, fear not. My hyper bouncing doberman is back today. He started the day with digging a huge hole while he was supposed to be out going potty this morning...it literally took him under 5 minutes to become completely covered in black sand. Needless to say I had to bathe him and after his bath, he figured out how to bump the ice cube dispenser on the fridge to get his own ice. Genius. He apparently figured this out while I was getting the kids dressed for school because when I came back into the kitchen, he was standing there surrounded by about 20 ice cubes in the floor. He finally figured out a good use for those nose pokes. Geez....oh well. At least he's definitely not sick :p
Now all you need do is train him to pour you out a Gin and Tonic for all that ice. Glad to hear he is back to his old Gunner self.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I know, right! Sometimes they are just too smart for their own good...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Lol we are trying to teach Remington to get his own ice, maybe I should send him to you for a week so Gunner can teach him. What's one more hyper out of control Dobie?? ;) Lol glad to hear he is back to normal.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol we are trying to teach Remington to get his own ice, maybe I should send him to you for a week so Gunner can teach him. What's one more hyper out of control Dobie?? ;) Lol glad to hear he is back to normal.
Lol, he LOVES ice and I guess I should have expected that sooner or later he would figure it out. We have a really easy paddle in the fridge door that you push and it's just his height :rolleyesww: My 2 year old figured out the water, so of course the doberman figured out the ice. Well, between the kids and the dog at least I know they will never go thirsty if something happens to me.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,479 Posts
I think I'd rather have him know about the ice than the water--water bowl dribbles would look small compared to a few good refrigerator water squirts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts