Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
We have a kitty that will only eat when you sit there with him petting him. When you leave the room he'll follow you, and as soon as you walk back towards the food bowl he'll rush over to it waiting to be petted so he can eat. That's probably my fault because I got him used to it when we first got him.

My previous dog used to do the same thing also...which was a problem when we had to go on vacation and leave him at the kennel. The first time we went on vacation, we left him a bag of food while we were gone and when we came back the kennel insisted that they tried feeding him with no luck. We were a bit suspicious so a few years later when we went again, we had him stay with a friend, and she told us the same thing. He simply would not eat unless my dad was there to feed him because my dad had always fed him since he was a puppy.

It's funny how pets develop strange habits. Our Pom would also pick the food out of his bowl piece by piece. He'd pick up a piece, carry it to the middle of the room, lay down and eat it, then repeat until he finished it all. We tried putting him up on a counter to eat when he was a puppy but he'd just sit there wanting to get down. Since we got him until the day he passed, he never once ate out of the actual bowl.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.