Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ayla now a 7 month old doberman has just really only been hanging out in our neighborhood but she has gotten these weird white bumps they are not as white looking without the flash but she has 3 on her front left leg that she has had for about 2 weeks now they have not seemed to bother her but I felt them when I was rubbing her down, I'm thinking they might be some sort of bug bite? Or maybe due to not washing her as often? I haven't washed her in about 2 months.

Gesture Finger Nail Foot Snout

On a different note we are done posting her ears as of the beginning of the month! This is Ayla enjoying a great time at the Oregon coast! Near cannon Beach
Water Dog Dog breed Carnivore Beach

·
Big Lil pup
7,146 Posts
Hi A's Dad. Nice to hear from you again.
Ayla's looking very pretty. Yeah. They sure do love the beach at the coast!

About bumps. I am. not a vet, but most of my boys have had a few skin infections as pups. Dobe puppies have somewhat slow developing immune systems. As a result they can end up with minor skin issues. Both bacterial, like staph and viral, like canine papilloma (puppy warts). My vet generally takes a "wait and see" approach with minor skin infections. McCoy had a bit of staph as a pup and it disappeared on its own. There are OTC shampoos that can facilitate healing. And if necessary, bacterial infections can be treated with oral antibiotics, and antibacterial ointments and/or washes. Minor viral skin problems like puppy warts also frequently clear up as the pup's immune system kicks in. And they can be surgically removed if they become a problem. McCoy also had a small wart on his muzzle, as a puppy, that went away with time.

The bottom line it that, if the spots don't start to spread and if they don't bother her, I would simply see if they disappear with time. If not, point it out to your vet and ask their opinion.

FYI... Unless Ayla gets into something that is irritating her skin, not bathing her for a couple of months is not a problem. Over-bathing or bathing using improper products or techniques can actually cause skin problems.

For the record, McCoy, at 7 years old, has never had an actual bath, and his coat and skin have always been great.

John L.
Portland OR

Edit to say: I just saw mel's comment. Minor fungal infections, like small isolated ringworm spots, are also usually no big deal and easily treated with an anti-fungal like Miconazole. However, like any skin disease, if spreading occurs, then a vet visit is in order. And in my experience, if you are seeing a vet for skin problems, it is best to get a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. In the long run, you will end up saving time, money and anxiety.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ayla now a 7 month old doberman has just really only been hanging out in our neighborhood but she has gotten these weird white bumps they are not as white looking without the flash but she has 3 on her front left leg that she has had for about 2 weeks now they have not seemed to bother her but I felt them when I was rubbing her down, I'm thinking they might be some sort of bug bite? Or maybe due to not washing her as often? I haven't washed her in about 2 months.

View attachment 142090

On a different note we are done posting her ears as of the beginning of the month! This is Ayla enjoying a great time at the Oregon coast! Near cannon Beach View attachment 142091
Hello, I would do some research on canine acne. When we have been gone for several hours, we notice a bump forms somewhere on her a couple of days later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts