Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i hope this is the right catogory for my question. my dobe is 1 1/2 years old. she went into heat and i had no intentions of breeding her, however i came home and she was out of the fence and i had to chase off another dog. she has papers however ive had her since she was 8 weeks old and she is a family dog, my 5 year olds best friend. this being sd, this week she has been tearing up stuffed animals and carrying around a toy almost mothering it. all this is out of character for her. her nipples r swollen and she licks herself a lot. also, for the first time ever she growled at our cat, she normally loves that cat. this concerns me for her health but also my sons, bc i love this breed but also respect what its capeable of. please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions, we love this dog, I pray her temperment will return for my sons sake...

·
_______
5,102 Posts
I would take her to the vet and see about having whatever the equivalent of a D&C for dogs is ASAP and avoid the puppy issue altogether.
Don't fill up the shelters with an oops litter.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Please take your girl to your veterinarian and have her spayed ASAP.

Reactions: Adara and Sinister

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Sounds to me like she got caught and is now either pregnant or thinks she is. Hopefully your Veterinarian can help you with options, ie, emergency abortion/spay or a hormone jab to stabilise her emotions etc.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Take her in and have an ultrasound done..That would show if she had puppies in there or not...if she does...you could have her spayed then, and if she is showing false pregnancy that means this happened about two months ago...and you can still have her spayed...either way HAVE HER SPAYED so you don't have to have this possibly happen again.. It is hard enough to find good homes for purebreds (ask any rescue), yet alone mixed breeds. (and I don't call them designer dogs either!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts