Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I took Atlas to his very first obedience class and he LOVED it. He was a complete rock star. Within the 90 minute session, my dog knew how to sit, lay down, stand and stay on command (before, it was a carp shoot if he'd sit), and he was really paying attention to me as we were walking on the leash. This is the same dog that got evicted from the vet's office last week. :roflmao:

At the end of the class, the instructor had us all switch dogs and she paired a tiny 9 year old girl with my 'man eating' Doberman. When I asked her why, she said: "She has been fighting with her own dog for the last hour and she needs to realize that dogs aren't always a struggle. Your boy walks so well on the leash and I figured it would be a nice confidence booster for her to be able to control a dog of his size."

And after the class:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D

I cannot believe how happy he was to have a job and work. I know he is a Doberman and they are a working breed, but I did not realize just how much they live to work. His work ethic even surprised the instructor; she did not think he would be able to remain focused for the entire class because he is so young and rambunctious, but he exceled. He attempted every single task to the best of his ability - I'm already looking forward to all the other classes we can take once we get the basic obedience stuff under control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts