Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you probably remember my recent post about my in-laws wanting to visit for the holidays and also wanting to bring their two schnauzers. Well, I had pretty much told them "no". Monday, I got a phone call from my MIL that they were on their way to visit (they live 3 hours away) and that they had the dogs with them. At first I was furious....at least they could have given me some more notice! But, I decided to make the best of the situation. When they got here, I laid out the rules and was very honest about how horribly behaved their dogs are. Long story short, they allowed me to work with their dogs all day yesterday, and Gunner was amazing. He never once showed any issues, and with minor corrections from me, their male schnauzer had no issues either. After a long walk with all three of them this morning, we allowed them off leash in my backyard. I think the pics speak for themselves :) Gunner was SUCH a good boy and my FIL fell absolutely in love with him. I found them cuddled up on the couch together more than once :p Success!!!
Note- I know his ear should be taped...it fell off during play and as soon as they were done I retaped it.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I love happy endings. Now you won't dread them coming and the dogs will be happy to see each other. Well done.

·
Registered
12,003 Posts
Sounds like a win-win...and your learning how to take charge of multiple dogs...neat.
Plus your FIL and Gunner + the dogs cuddling, was cute.

How did you get your first photo in B&W ??
- all great pics. / loads of fun and easy exercise

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a win-win...and your learning how to take charge of multiple dogs...neat.
Plus your FIL and Gunner + the dogs cuddling, was cute.

How did you get your first photo in B&W ??
- all great pics. / loads of fun and easy exercise
I'm a photographer by profession :) I have more editing software than I care to admit....

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah, bless, what a lovely family. Be careful you don't get landed though when the In laws want to go off on holiday.
Lol noooooo...I won't be taking them on by myself any time soon. They did okay, but they are still very annoying and yappy. The first night, they yapped nonstop from 12-2 am :p Also was interesting how when it was just me with them, they were pretty calm and quiet. As soon as my in-laws came around though, they turned into little hellions again. Just shows you how much owners can influence their dog's behaviors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts