Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stayed late at work last night to work mabel's 2x2 weaves.

WE DID IT! Finally hit our 12 pole goal, she was doing the whole set with a speed and intensity I have never seen before and that gives me huge hopes that she could make it to the 30 or so(the number is evading me) weave competitions some day!!
I started with 3 sets aka 6 poles and then added another 2 sets aka 4 poles after 3 runs on each side on the 6 that were perfect. Another 3 perfect runs on each side and then on a whim I just decided to go straight for it and boom perfect! I'm so proud :D Now all we have to work on is sending from different locations and sides without being right at the entrance and me being and not being right along side her at varying speeds.

She also did good on our sleeve practice! (It's her reward after weaves) She has a good bite, but has been bitting to high on the sleeve, ocassionaly to low but thats rarely.
But last night after 3 high bites where I immediately took her off the sleeve, she started shifting to different spots, tried a few low bites, and same result, then she hit the middle, huge party, let her have the sleeve(the look of happy on her face and all her prancing around with it was so cute!) and she has been doing it right ever since! Yay!!

I love my "light bulb moment" dog and I am so elated by her progress last night, she had the best most focused and high drive night I've seen, well EVER! She was trully enjoying every bit of work and wanting to do it right!

:huepfenic

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YAY! That is GREAT!! Hope we get to see some video soon! :)
Hopefully soon, I meant to with my phone but don't have a usb upload cord anymore anyway.

This 2x2 method was new to me since the last time I trained weaves I was 11(roughly 2003) and it wasn't even around. and I have to say I LOVE IT! It's so much easier and I can see her really "click" and get what she's doing and that she has to go until the poles end (admitedly part of that is probably her good drive but still....lol)

Reactions: Adara
1 - 4 of 4 Posts