Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asher passed his CGC test. I almost didn't go. I considered it and very closely drove out of the parking lot. I was very nervous about it. He has been on the low down lately not getting out and still seperated. So needless to say he is a ball of energy. The vet said Ok to the test, but no super active things. Still no running or playing. That makes for a very bored doberman needless to say. So, when he saw the people and dogs, I thought I was setting us up for disaster. He suprised me. He blew right threw it. We haven't done any training in the past 2 weeks. We have gone on a whole maybe 3 walks around the block not to stress him out. Five dogs took the test and four passed. But there were quite a few others there. When they called his name that he passed, I reached to get his paper. Before I could get it, he ran to get it. He was really excited. Tired him out quite a bit also. That was the most activity he has had in awhile. So he will rest well tonight.

His next step will be now maybe is get his TDI. I have to call the pet therapy group here. My sister was talking to one of the ladies at the Paws for Cause. I didn't get to go since that was our "bad weekend". She did get me the pamphlet to them though. That is way off though. We have other priorities to do first.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't get any pictures myself. I was busy biting my nails off. They were taking pictures throughout it though and took one at the end of the passing dogs. They are supposed to e-mail the passing one. I will post it when I get it. I don't know if I will get the any of the other ones. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! and good news that he will be able to rest tonight.

Five dogs took the test and four passed.
How did the dog that didnt pass perform? was he untrained..or "aggressive"?
I hope to take Duchess soon...but I wouldnt allow coco to step foot in the ring...he heels fine and is so smart...but in the spot light like that and strangers....on a recall he will crouch down while walking and eventually make it half way to me while keeping an eye on the person who said "Call your dog" and he would never tolerate approaching a friendly stranger...
he may not be a canine good citizen but someone was a very bad american citizen for treating him like that.

YAY ASHER!!! Do your other dogs have their cgc?

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
:dancing_b :dancing_3 :clap2: :chlead:

YAY ASHER!!!! WAY TO GO GUYS!
:dancing_b :dancing_3 :clap2: :chlead:

Now hopefully we will pass ours on Saturday! Keep your fingers crossed!​

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Huge congrats!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Yay Asher!! way to go.
Now for Rom do the biz on Saturday.
Listen guys i need you to get these dogs through all the tests and training to make my job easier for when they come to England.(oh no time for the medication again!!)
:dancing_b :beer: :dan1: :chlead: :score:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. I was very proud of him. The fifth dog was very stubborn. He didn't want to do anything. He has been in my training classes for OB and is hard to work. BIG newfie. But beautiful dog. I felt bad for her. He didn't want to sit or lay down and her coaxing wouldn't help.

LD, no this is the first to get his CGC. The past has kept me really busy. Mostly previous job, so I have not been able to excell with my dogs. My ex didn't exactly believe in doing much. But we won't get into that. I worked mostly with "rehabilitating" Doodle. I'd like to get him further out of his shell to get his and get his TDI also. We have been working hard at it. Who knows. But since I moved and switched jobs, now I have more free time to do what I want to do with them. I hope they enjoy it as much as I do. :)

Your next BIB!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As promised, here are the pictures that he sent me.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww he's so cute! and he looks so happy! Its nice to see pictures like this! the dobes out and about...training etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts