Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys have water dobes? Maggie is terrified of water(well not so much terrified just doesn't like it), espicially baths! All I have to do is take off her collar and she runs and hides. The only exception is the creek, she'll wade in the creek with me, but she won't go in the bathtub, shower, pool. kiddie pool, beach, ect... So I have to know anyone's dobies like water?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Byron loves running through it but he isn't that keen on swimming. It bothers himn when its on his chest I think. I keep meaning to get pics but its gotten so cold.

39 Posts
Hi
My Slick thinks he a fish but my Millie isn't happy about getting in water or a bath. Now my Hiedi she loves water but Moon doesn't. I think its just a thing for them all one way or another. Some like water others don't.
Patricia Diane

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Winston doesn't mind water, I'm not sure what Keeva thinks of it though as we got her in the fall. I'll have to see what she thinks next summer but I have a feeling it'll be one of her favourite things...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Harvey enjoys the water when its hot weather. I was hoping to take him to the sea front this summer but we didnt have the time so he hasnt ever experienced the sea. We have irrigators which pump out water over the crops and the water collects in really deep pools so he likes to have a swim around in that. He really enjoys it when i give him a shower in the bath tub aswell :)

He was a little nervous in the begining but once i got into the water aswell and had a splash around he soon followed..he loves to play with his tennis ball in the water also :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ava doesn't like baths but she loves to go swimming. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago she learned how to swim so she doesn't splash and bob around like a bottle in the water anymore.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
2 out of 3 of my Dobermans have loved water. Cole really loves to bite the water out of a hose while barking at it. Alex, the one that didn't like water couldn't even stand to get his feet wet. When he was a puppy and it is was raining outside, I had to put the umbrella over him to get him to pee in the rain.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
2 out of 3 of my Dobermans have loved water. Cole really loves to bite the water out of a hose while barking at it. Alex, the one that didn't like water couldn't even stand to get his feet wet. When he was a puppy and it is was raining outside, I had to put the umbrella over him to get him to pee in the rain.
LOL... Remember that Dobermans Melt in the RAIN!:duh_6b:
Our of my 4.. Raven loves the water.. She swims so gracefully that you can't tell that she is even swimming.. Spirit likes the water and swims but it takes a couple of minutes for him to warm up to the idea of getting in.. Also he bites at the water the whole time he is swimming.. Gypsy can't swim a lick.. She splashs so high that you can't see her..she looks like she is drowning most of the time.. Not sure on Iris as we have not gotten a chance to take her to the lake yet! as for baths.. we have not problem!:dancing_b Well, a little problem.. We have a clawfoot bath tub that we have to get the dogs in..Most of the times if I can get the two front feet on the top of the tub and then tell them "up" they will hop in..
PS.. I love the photos!!! Really like the one in the mud!!:cool2:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Lexy doesn't like bathes, but at far as ponds and rivers and stuff, she can't get enough! She doesn't like to swim though, just splash and wade up to her elbow about.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When he was a puppy and it is was raining outside, I had to put the umbrella over him to get him to pee in the rain.

I swear Pyper holds onto the sides of the door when it's raining out.:help_up_2 It's a real chore to get her out when it rains. However, if you take her to the beach or where there's a creek, you can't get her out of the water. She can't swim worth crap though. She does the dolphin thing (jumps out/in the water until she can't hit bottom anymore). Once it gets to deep, she comes ashore.
Bathtime is out too. There better be some major treats waiting for her when she gets out!! :eatchicke

·
Registered
491 Posts
My Darmok is a waterdobe! She loves to jump in any form of water. If I run water in the bathtub and tell her "bath time" she will run to the bathroom and jump up over the side of the tub and stand there waiting for her bath! I had a hard time keeping her out of the backyard pool this past summer. Sasha, on the other hand, HATES water. She wont go even along the shoreline of a lake, and baths....it's a wrestling match between her and I to get that done!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not Sasha she thinks water is her #1 all time enemy of this world!!! and i refuse to put an umbrella over her to go outside cause the 3 have turned my backyard into a mud pit and i cant just see it now, me on my arse in the middle of the mud with 3 wiggly behinds staring at me like "what happened ma?"

She is getting use to it tho

1 - 14 of 14 Posts