Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another trip to Dog Beach.

The Lifeguard Towers at Dog Beach all have a bucket of donated tennis balls for the dogs to chase. Mensa loves a tennis ball.

Alot of people today told me they had never seen a Doberman in the water before, but we know better. Mensa likes water more than my two Labradors do.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Great Pictures Chaz (as always) That is so awesome all of the places you can take her. The closest dog park to here is over 2 hours. :(

She is growing like a weed!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww dont show these to Duch :) jk. We THINK duchess loves water...at the dog park there is this part that sometimes gets filled with water making a small pond...and at first she was gently walking in it...then i told her lets go...and continued to walk...I turn around and she was gone...we found her splashing around and running through the water back in the pond and she ran back to the pond faster than I can blink.
I love her shiney hair from being wet in the water! and yes she is getting so big and beautiful everyday!

there is a dog beach in chicago on lake michigan...but Ive never been there...and I have only read the reviews online about it...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Oh such great pictures!! She's beautiful and holy crap has grown since I've seen pictures of her last lol.

Bruno would "pop" all those tennis balls lol. His never last more then 60 seconds ;)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Another top job on the photo's mate,she is looking real good and that crop is really tall and looks pretty strong too,just making me jealous we don't have dog beaches like that.Love the third from last shot with her head tilted to one side kinda asking"what you up to dad"

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
BackInBlack:

"The closest dog park to here is over 2 hours."

There ought to be a law! I thought I had it rough, my town, pop. 70,000 doesn't have a Dog Park. We have to visit the parks in neighboring cities. Even tiny Loma Linda and East Highland have Dog Parks.

LapDog, like Duchess, Mensa loves everything about water too. One of the Dog Parks we visit has a leaking pipe which produces a perpetual mud puddle. Guess who rolls around in it?

Luv My Bruno:

"Bruno would "pop" all those tennis balls lol."

Mensa does that too, but she's not quite as efficient as Bruno. Check out the picture of Mensa carrying the one with the skin falling off it. She filled that one with so many holes it finally sank in the ocean. Mensa spent about ten minutes looking for it. She even thought I still had it and was hiding it from her.

Alienex and Brumwolf, Her ears are doing OK, but not as good as I would like them to be. So tomorrow (Monday) I'm taking her back to Dr Jezbera for another posting. We'll try again next month. I'm not in a hurry to quit posting, I would rather do what it takes now than hustle the opperation and do a sub-standard job.

She was posted until lunch-time at the Beach. I cut the posts off right in the parking lot after they had gotten soaked good.

This may have been the last beach trip of the season. About this time of year the winds shift direction, and instead of blowing in from the ocean, the wind starts blowing down from the mountains. This makes it cooler at my house than at the beach. Before long it'll be time to head out to the desert. Palm Springs has the absolute nicest Dog Park, it's just not very nice in Summer.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Beautiful pictures, what's is the water temp.?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I always LOVE the pics of Mensa, they are alway so good. She should have been born a dolphin LOL that dog sure does love the water, of course then we wouldn't see these wonderful pics of her.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
More great pics of Mensa. I always love to see her splashing around.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okie-Dobie,

The water is warm, for California. As you probably know, the ocean currents on the west coast flow from the north, so the water is a colder than the water on the east coast.

I estimate 68-70 degrees. It's warm enough the surfers weren't wearing wet-suits. Later in the afternoon the water temps were warmer than the air temps. I would've gone for a swim, but I was carrying a camera. Maybe next year I'll get one of the water-proof camera housings the SCUBA divers use.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Chaz said:
Maybe next year I'll get one of the water-proof camera housings the SCUBA divers use.
Now that is what I call loyality, will go to whatever measures to keep us happy with great Mensa pics!

:jonkel:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Great shots. Wish there was Dog Beach in Jersey. Java loves the water and can't go for a walk on the Patriot's Path w/o going belly-deep in the stream.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.