Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sleeping oh so peacefully when I heard Capri get up this morning. Whump! Off the bed and over to stick her nose in my face.

I had had a late night and was not ready to get up, so I burrowed into the covers and feigned deep deep slumber. When I heard her leave to find a new victim I breathed a sigh of relief and snuggled back under the covers to resume my interrupted beauty rest.

Darn it! Here she comes back again--I could feel her presence even through my closed eyelids. But this time she brought reinforcements..........squeak. Squeal, squeak, squeeeeeeeak.....squee, squeal....squeak.......a Cuz toy.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Nice lol... If I oversleep, Dakota does the same! But then if I yawn, she sticks her beak (I was asleep one day and started saying "Steph, she's sticking her beak in my face" and it kinda stuck lol ) right in my mouth! I'll wake up and she'll be like 1 inch from my face staring at me.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yes, she is brilliant. We all knew that any way! Someone should make alarm clocks that sounds like a cuz or that in-the-middle-of-the-night up-chuck sound. Bet we would all spring out of bed. My girl gets the cuz when I'm on the phone.

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Vader will whine really softly and slowly get louder and louder. She is to fuuny. What a clever girl.
Elke does this too (she sleeps in her crate). Once she hears me move ("I woke her up!") she starts in with the full volume. She knows it will make me jump out of bed because I don't want her to wake the neighbors (that's the drawback of living in a condo). I've gotten really good at lying super still and pretending to be asleep even though I am dying to get up and pee. The second I'm up, it starts. We are still making the adjustment from the time change so she's at about 5:35 or 5:40 wake up; almost to 6:00 when the alarm's set for!

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Sounds like she's got all the tools necessary for training her humans as she sees fit~8D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yeah I think Dobes figure it out pretty quickly. My other two dogs will literally let me sleep for 24 hours if I feel like it, but not my Peyton! Oh no, when she wants to get up she will slide out of bed and then stare at me, that penetrating Dobe stare and give a little whine and woof to start. If that doesn't get my attention I get a super loud bark! Of course I'll grumble/yell and try to swat her away and she'll dance two feet away and start it all over again. Clever minx! It's probably for the best though, she keeps me from sleeping in to the point where I don't have time to run her in the morning, so it's a good thing most days.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I was sleeping oh so peacefully when I heard Capri get up this morning. Whump! Off the bed and over to stick her nose in my face.

I had had a late night and was not ready to get up, so I burrowed into the covers and feigned deep deep slumber. When I heard her leave to find a new victim I breathed a sigh of relief and snuggled back under the covers to resume my interrupted beauty rest.

Darn it! Here she comes back again--I could feel her presence even through my closed eyelids. But this time she brought reinforcements..........squeak. Squeal, squeak, squeeeeeeeak.....squee, squeal....squeak.......a Cuz toy.
No accident, Jasmine does the EXACT same thing. ;)

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Toby has a sure fire way of getting us up. He runs full pelt down the corridor towards our bedroom, takes off at the door and lands smack dab in the middle of the bed, it is just our tough luck if we are laying there or so he reckons. He then starts wiggling his little stump and bouncing on top of us whilst lashing us with copious amounts of Dobe kisses. There is just no way you can sleep through it or ignore it.

Now the thing is Toby doesnt necessarily get up before my other dogs, which means it is their fault he comes bowling into our bedroom in the first place. The way my other dogs tell him and us to get up is they all start flapping their ears as if they were Dumbo trying to take off. Now being Terriers and a Boxer you wouldnt think it would be that noisy but for some reason it cuts into the silence of the house like a hundred pigeons being let go all at once, right in your face.

Time to get up.

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
She was clearly telling you that your alarm clock wasn't working properly, and offered a replacement!

Someone should make alarm clocks that sounds like a cuz or that in-the-middle-of-the-night up-chuck sound. Bet we would all spring out of bed. My girl gets the cuz when I'm on the phone.
This is genius.
I think it may be one of the very few things that make me spring out of bed in a milisecond. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts