Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Loki has developed a wart like thing on the end of his undocked Fawn tail.
I have put olive oil on it 2 times, its less crusty that when originally seen. It is a little larger than 1/4" height and width.
Before we got him there was a dislocation or injury of some kind near his tails end. The hair loss at the end area is slowly growing in, you can see the hairs sticking out yonder past the end now
I saw in an old thread that Hilton Herbs Vivex cream ( created for horse warts) is sometimes recommended, has anyone tried it?
Advice appreciated!
We are lucky, Loki almost never worries or chews on himself.

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
I'd head to the vet to make sure it isn't melanoma.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Update, Loki will see his vet Tuesday, The lump/ wartlike thing has bled, but is not bigger, not smaller either, and doesn't look like it will fall off. Bella going too as she (9 years) has several small lumps.

Update Tuesday : Bella and Loki saw the veterinarian today. They said Loki had settled well since last year, when they neutered him in Sept when he was 18 months.

Bella's lumps are all ok to stay he thinks they are benign. If they grow, I will take her back.

I just discovered a few days ago that a small dressing and wrap on Loki's tail was ok with him, he seems to like the protection and not pull it off. Unfortunately I discovered this a little late and we have had a few blood drop wag sprays.... The vet approved Oral gel, Clorhexidine shampoo, and hydrogen peroxide. So we are going to try to get his granuloma at his tail tip healed. If we can't do that, he may need the very tip taken off in surgery.

I also found out that teeth cleaning is 500-700 doglars???? that is a lot of raw beef back bones that they can enjoy instead, thanks. Our other vet tech explained to us how the eating of raw meat, ripping and tearing off bones excretes an enzyme in their mouths that retard tartar. We saw this work with Bella! So we are going to spend more on beef bones and such to get Loki's teeth cleaner.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here is an update:
The vets wrap lasted for 2 weeks, I took him over there at 1 week, they said it was ok to wait to remove the wrapping at 2 weeks, and when they did, I have the feeling it was not a pretty sight. They put a 6" long plastic tubular thingy with bandage on and that 'came off' right away in my car, then they put a different one on and mentioned using styptic powder, as by then it was pretty bloody and very moist. Well that vet dressing did not last long and a few of mine lasted a little longer for about several days. Then it started really hurting him and he was tearing the dressings off fair rapidomente. Poor Loki was fevered, shivering and panting. He would not tolerate the cone. I got a styptic pencil and grated it finely and mixed 50/50 it with very high quality NZ Glacial clay, applying it dry with a cotton ball several times a day, once per day attempted cleaning with water/chlorhexidine/oral gel mixed. Miracles occurred, !!!!! we are happy to report that the granuloma scab is nice and black and small after 1.5 days of this treatment.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well today I went and bought 'spot shot' colloidal silver, veterycin 'plus' and yucky spray. Both Bella on her foreleg, and Lokis lick granulomas (natural tail end) have not improved very much and sometimes many spots of Loki's tail blood are found on the wall. Neither one of them are tolerating bandages, unless it is during a walk. I hope the put some bandages on with the Yucky smell, they might last longer. They are both tricksters with cones and donuts. :( wish me luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts