Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

It's been a while since I've been on here. I am now owned by 5 wonderful dobes. Heres were I need help: 2 of them are prego. One is AKC and bred to a Am/Euro male, the other a Am bred thats only CKC reg. bred to Am boy. No Z in either Daddy or AKC Mommy but ?? on the CKC Mommy. Also, the CKC is only 1 y/o so I worry about her. She was more of a rescue from BYB giving up all dogs! (Thank God!) Have pics of AKC Dogs last litter with the guy I got her from. Any advise anyone can give me? Please be nice! My dad was a show chow breeder so I know what to expect whelping wise. I just need to know how to find good homes for all of them? I have vet that does good cropping job so I can get that done easy.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
As to good homes, where are you located? Contact your local Doberman rescue. Ask how THEY screen their homes. Follow their basic guidelines, things like vet references. Home checks. Other dogs in the home intact or not. Basic stuff like that. Since you are bringing two more litters into the world couldn't hurt to get in touch with them any how.

EDITED TO ADD: WHY DOES YOUR PROFILE SAY RESCUE DOG UNDER TITLE?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Sorry, it is late and I'm not sure I'm reading your post correctly. Do I understand you have 5 Dobermans, two came to you pregnant. You more or less rescued these dogs. You know how to whelp but you need helping finding a home for the babies after they are born. Is that the jest of your post?

What do you plan to do with the adult dogs? Are you planning to continue breeding them?

I just want to ask before giving advice and making judgement calls.

Thanks.

KCF/Linda

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi Everyone!

It's been a while since I've been one here. I am now owned by 5 wonderful dobes. Heres were I need help 2 of them are prego. One is AKC and bred to a Am/Euro male, the other a Am bred thats only CKC reg. bred to Am boy. No Z in either Daddy or AKC Mommy but ?? on the CKC Mommy. Also, the CKC is only 1 y/o so I worry about her. She was more of a rescue from BYB giving up all dogs! (Thank God!) Have pics of AKC Dogs last litter with the guy I got her from. Any advise anyone can give me? Please be nice! My dad was a show chow breeder so I know what to expect whelping wise. I just need to know how to find good homes for all of them? I have vet that does good cropping jod so I can get that done easy.
This kinda strikes a nerve with me.

From one BYB to another it seems, hopefully you can get in touch with a reputable rescue.

I cannot comprehend how you managed to get all 5 of these dogs, and to top it all off how two of them ended up breeding. This has FAIL written all over it.

Again please consult a Doberman Rescue, finding homes for two litters at the same time will be near impossible.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I just read your other posts on here and all I can say is WTF?!?

Seriously, please explain to me how you have 2 pregnant bitches when you were all about the rescues.

FYI - rescue implies that you RESCUED the animal from a rescue or helped it from petfinder or a couple of other senarios. Rescue doesn't mean that you got them to breed them. I think that is actually the opposite. It contributes to the overfilled rescues not being able to find homes.

That and one of them is a year old? WTF?

I am REALLY hoping this is some kind of joke or that a rescue organization has put a pregnant bitch in your hands to whelp. Actually... hmmm, don't think a rescue would have you deal with 2 pregnant Dobermans and I don't think they would leave you in charge of finding homes.

So, how does it feel to be a BYB?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm a little confused about the OP's post. I got the feeling from it that she willingly took in several dogs from a BYB "going out of business" and is now taking on the results and is whelping out two already pregnant bitches. I have not read her other posts.

If I'm correct, I vote for an emergency spay, especially with the 1-year old. She's too young. Once that's been done, and all of the other dogs are sterilized as well, get in contact with a Dobe rescue for help in rehoming them.

If I'm misinterpreting it, OP, and you willingly took in these dogs with the intent to continue breeding them, shame on you! In that case, I sincerely doubt you'll find much support on DT. I also vote for an emergency spay for both bitches in this instance, and encourage you to perhaps keep one of these dogs as your own pet, and rehome the rest or send them to rescue.

·
Premium Member
8,617 Posts
I'm hoping for a little more information here also and biting my tongue.

If they are not too far along, emergency spay would be my vote.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts

Well, being as this poster was on the forum until at least the first six posts, and hence, presumably would have seen the requests for clarification...doesn't bode well for the answers.

Not that I have a reputation for skepticism or anything, but, er, this one blipped on my radar a while back and I ain't real hopeful, let's just say.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes, yes it is. I live in Missouri, and it's been awful. My parents bought no less than four puppies from Pass Pets, which I think is extinct now. Every dog had issues, of course. Took me years to convince them that it's cheaper and less heartbreaking in the long run to go with a reputable breeder. I myself had one from a pet store as well (he was a gift) when I was in college. Delightful little TFT, but had issues. I wish there was a better way for the authorities to crack down on the puppy mills. But they've not had much success to date.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts