Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good post, I needed more info because LoKi isnt being neutered because of his lineage and families temperment and health etc. but we need to sit down and see where else we need to have him certified before going foward with the bitch search.

·
Registered
190 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
I would suggest to you to go to dog shows. Hang out with some Doberman people and try to get a mentor. Just because Loki's lineage has good temperament and health still does not mean that he should bred. Again, only the best of the best should be bred. A mentor would be able to give you an unbiased opinion of your dog, because we all love our dogs and think they should reproduce. I had Cole neutered when he was a puppy because I don't want the responsibility of more Doberman puppies in the world. Going by temperament and health most would want to breed him, but he isn't conformationally correct. But I love him with all my heart and he has been fantastic with my 2 kids and a great family pet. That is what most Dobermans should be.
thankfully i am only considering breeding based on partly on others on top of myself. every time i would start thinking about neutering him i would somehow run into a breeder who would go over him and ask about his health and intelligence etc and if i was planning on breeding him. that then bought him more time for of to think and learn. there is more that i an basing it on of course but my next thing is to somehow go to a show and see what else they think.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lexus said:
Hi there whiteandblue, just a thought, but I know you're concerned about whites being euthanized and such, why don't you go to a rescue and save one rather than buying a pup? Save a life ya know?

time to seem heartless

because why continue a dog that an offbreed etc or below standard.

I spent the money so I could ensure 100% that I knew what I was getting into.

Once I have enough money to have testing performed to prove my pups status on paper I can then be a contribution the breed by carrying it on.

I dont believe that the whites should be euthanized, I just believe in insta-sterilization because I know they are pretty, but the farther we stretch things from the original gene the harder it will be to maintain quality.

For example, We all know about the one stupid hick we wish would fall off the universe, Do you want him having kids? I think not. We need less offshoots as possible.

im out. :sprint:

·
Registered
190 Posts
whiteandblue said:
but firbretha... we dont want stupid ppl and we damn sure dont want them cloning or having kids... but they do and you cant stop it nor can the government obviously so just like stupid ppl... that isnt a good justification...second all..

the only thing below standard is anyone that would talk crap about a doberman or well any dog... im pretty particular about all breeds not just dobes. :D... love animals in general.

right. there is no control except for one. its called natural selection. i dont feel bad for those who get into auto accidents. because there is no accidents just negligence. whether by inability to drive or failure to maintain your vehicle.

so with that we have to control offbreed population. just like illegal immigrants, feel bad for one and then a million other come over and then slowly destroy our society. which is guaranteed because no matter what you are still illegal. plain and simple.

watch animal planet where they have to remove animals because people loved their animals too much and then hurt the animals and others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.