Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have a psychiatric disability which a service dog would help to mitigate (my psychiatrist and psychologist agree). After a lot of reading I've decided a doberman would be best for me, plus I've always liked the breed. I'm very well versed with the ADA and my state laws. I will be owner training.

I'm looking for breeders in Illinois, Wisconsin, or Indiana that care a little less about the conformation and a bit more about temperament and utility (health too of course). A service dog needs an excellent temperament of course and I would love to be able to do agility and obedience with my service dog.

Also, I have a question about the colorings, I heard something about blue dobermans having skin problems? Is that true? My first preference is a brown one, then a black one.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
If you plan on doing agility you will care about conformation. Dog needs to be put together correctly to handle the rigors of training and trialing. My service dog does agility also.

Blue and fawn dogs have a very high rate on cda. I believe that's the skin condition you are referring to. There is no cure.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts