Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was suppose to get Diesel this coming Thursday and now it looks like we won't be getting him till the 23rd :( He'll be almost 10 weeks by then i'm just ready to have him. I have everything set up and have prepared myself for him and of course when the breeder told me it was going to be more like the 23rd I thought something went wrong with his ears so I'm hoping that's not why he's delaying it. Anyway I just needed to vent. Not having him is hard.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,619 Posts
It is hard to wait but think of how worthwhile the wait will be!! You also can get a few extra nights of sleep!! :butfly:

·
Registered
44 Posts
He's a breeder in PA. He's been very very helpful and just wants to be sure everything is perfect especially with this being my first doberman and the first time posting ears.
I feel your pain! I want my dobe now dangit! Except.. she hasn't even been created yet. The breeder's breeding the bitch later this month, haha. Uuugh too long to wait. :sweat:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha that is definitely how I feel! But like everyone says it will be worth it in the end! I was the same way except he was literally born the day I called so we've been waiting for awhile too. At least it gave me time to read up on stuff and puppy proof the house :) hope the wait isn't too bad for you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you:) Except my little guy is still too young to come home, but I think and talk about him EVERYDAY. I'm sure my boyfriend is getting a bit jealous lol (j/k):) Anyway this will give you time to prepare anything else you may have overlooked:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
What I've found to sort of keep my mind of my pup is to do some DIY projects for the little guy before he gets here:)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm very happy to say we are now picking Diesel up sunday! I'm so excited! I feel like a little kid excited for Christmas haha. There will be a huge photo session going on so prepare yourselves for lots of puppy pictures and probably more questions from me. I went out and bought his food last night and it made everything so real cause that was the last thing on my list. I am so excited its ridiculous :D

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
I'm very happy to say we are now picking Diesel up sunday! I'm so excited! I feel like a little kid excited for Christmas haha. There will be a huge photo session going on so prepare yourselves for lots of puppy pictures and probably more questions from me. I went out and bought his food last night and it made everything so real cause that was the last thing on my list. I am so excited its ridiculous :D
Excited for you :)
Email me if you want or need help with posting. Or call. :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excited for you :)
Email me if you want or need help with posting. Or call. :)

I'm almost positive you'll be hearing from me haha. Im really nervous about doing his ears. I don't want to mess it up so I will probably need lots of help with that. Thank you again for being so helpful. It's nice to know I have someone to ask questions to along with everyone else on DT.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congratulations i cant wait to see pics...haha my red boy is named diezel:)
Thank you! It seems to be a popular name but I love it haha I never realized it was so popular until we picked that name. I love that you spell yours with a z. Makes it different.

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
I'm almost positive you'll be hearing from me haha. Im really nervous about doing his ears. I don't want to mess it up so I will probably need lots of help with that. Thank you again for being so helpful. It's nice to know I have someone to ask questions to along with everyone else on DT.
Good :) looking forward to meeting you! And Juno will probably be with me no matter where we end up meeting, so he'll be able to socialize.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
yeah I waited a whole year before I picked up Odin, worth the wait.
We had a 14 year span between our first and second dobe puppy...and by the time we placed our baby order, the previous litter was short of females, and we had to wait for the next breeding.

I feel your excitment...a new pup in the house, has to be the best time possible.
Just having a little one to love and mould, is truly a special time..they don't stay small forever and their growing personalities and learning curve, is so cute to experience.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts