Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know occasional vomiting is normal in dogs, but I woke up this morning to Apollo vomiting and I noticed there was some blood mixed in. It was just yellow liquid and the blood. He drank some water afterwards and after I cleaned it up he hopped back on the couch to chew on my feet as usual, so he doesn't seem like he's sick...

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I tend to go off the deep end anytime I see blood, especially in puke or stools. My knee-jerk reaction would be to rush the dog to the emergency clinic. But then my much more sensible husband would sit on me LOL
In all likelihood he's fine but I would keep a close eye on him and if you feel like there is anything amiss, call the vet and see if he'll do a phone consult...
How's he feeling now? Does he have an okay appetite?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TracyJo said:
I tend to go off the deep end anytime I see blood, especially in puke or stools. My knee-jerk reaction would be to rush the dog to the emergency clinic. But then my much more sensible husband would sit on me LOL
LOL! You sound like me...The vomiting alone didn't worry me, but when I saw the blood...I tend to spaz out too when I see blood. The worst part is that I don't have anyone rational around to tell me to calm down since I live alone. It took all my self control not to skip class and take him to the vet this morning. But, I fed him this afternoon when I got back and he ate fine. He has been his usual self all night so I'm not really sure what caused the vomiting and blood. I'm going to keep an eye on him though, and if I notice any unusual behavior or more vomiting I'll take him in.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Boy, you are a lot calmer than me.. I would be at the Vet.. Hell I joke with my Vet that I should have a monthly allotment made out to him.. Well, Hope he is feeling better. Keep us informed..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Prettydobie said:
Not to worry you but the last dog i had do that had heartworms. It probably isn't but just something to keep in mind.
Thanks for the heads-up! Maybe I WILL be taking him to the vet this weekend.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doberlover said:
Me too! Mine go in for hangnails. Watch him, keep us posted and give him a hug for me.
Lol, I was like that with my snake when I first got him. I'd examine him closely every night before bed and the slightest change would worry me. I swear he's the only snake to have regular monthly check-ups.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
frznbuns said:
Boy, you are a lot calmer than me.. I would be at the Vet.. Hell I joke with my Vet that I should have a monthly allotment made out to him....
Lol, maybe a low monthly payment and all the vet visits I need wouldn't be such a bad idea! I'm surprised my vet hasn't gotten annoyed with me calling her all the time...we mothers worry too much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts