Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all of your support and inspirations. Beacuse of it Panzer is adjusting wonderfully. My husband was off last PM (he has not been getting much time off lately, the hospital is trying to kill him) and he was able to bond with Panzer. We watched Dog Whisperer last PM and it was amazing, a must see program. He also decided that Panzer was a better name for him. I believe this is finally his permanent name hehe.
Panzer is already a velcro pup and he loves all of us already. He is like a different dog today. I even trained him to sit and he picked that up fasssssst.
He has not had any more potty accidents in the house. He did vomit after dinner though. He has been grazing on a lot of grass and this has me a bit concerned. Although he lived with horses, I know he did not pick that up because of this hehe. Mako will occassionaly do this, but not often. Should I be concerned with this behavoir?
Here is a little video of him playing with Justin in the small dog run we have for them. The ones of Mako were too dark, so I will get another of her tomorrow. She is in part of this video however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEnlE3vePow

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Looks like Panzer is just thrilled to have someone to play with! Looks like him and your son are having a great time! :) Glad it is going so well for all of you, and that he found his forever home! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you for the warm wishes. I like Panzer too. I am horrible at making names, but my husband is great at it. Last year we took in a foster white shepard.He named her Zorina, which I really loved. Mako's cat he named Kemi (some kind of african name for lion)
After Zorina we fostered a heartworm postive daschund/jack mix. I came up with Typo, woot for me lol. He was a naughty lil guy and soooooooo protective. He would try to bite the kids when they teased me or hugged me etc. So I would delete him when he acted naughty. Hmm maybe I could change both my dogs' name to This and That lol.

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
SeaNemesis said:
Thanks for all of your support and inspirations. Beacuse of it Panzer is adjusting wonderfully. My husband was off last PM (he has not been getting much time off lately, the hospital is trying to kill him) and he was able to bond with Panzer. We watched Dog Whisperer last PM and it was amazing, a must see program. He also decided that Panzer was a better name for him. I believe this is finally his permanent name hehe.
Panzer is already a velcro pup and he loves all of us already. He is like a different dog today. I even trained him to sit and he picked that up fasssssst.
He has not had any more potty accidents in the house. He did vomit after dinner though. He has been grazing on a lot of grass and this has me a bit concerned. Although he lived with horses, I know he did not pick that up because of this hehe. Mako will occassionaly do this, but not often. Should I be concerned with this behavoir?
Here is a little video of him playing with Justin in the small dog run we have for them. The ones of Mako were too dark, so I will get another of her tomorrow. She is in part of this video however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEnlE3vePow
All of my Dobermans have been grass grazers - I'm pretty convinced that they were all cows in a former life. usually it does not bother them, but sometimes they really overdo it and throw up large chunks of grass. In the winter and spring, I muzzle them when they go out so that they don't destroy my yard during the dormant season......... and in the spring so that they don't eat too much new grass and get really sick on it.......grass stains on the carpet are a PITA to get out. I don't leave them out at all so they don't have time to eat much.

Nice video :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I like the new name. The video is really cute. He seems to be getting along really well and has a wonderful playmate to keep him busy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank-you, I will watch him more closely when he is out. I don't let my dogs stay out long. It is hot here and they prefer to be in with us anyway. He is really developing quite the personality lol. He already is getting quite attached and he will often run into my room and take a flying leap up on my bed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts