Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,277 Posts
Though I know you say it hasn't always been the case, Eli looks so compliant and laid back here. Capri just looks at me, "Huh? What--did you say something? I can't hear you........." I guess my training (or lack thereof) is at fault.

Way to go, Eli!

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is another one taken before the one I posted for Mel to show that he needs work! LOL. He is a very good boy now but we worked hard. You can see how he focuses on the food and doesn't "hear" the command. We had to practice a bit, he also anticipates. He actually does better at this without the treats now that he knows the tricks. We are working on roll over now and almost have it, he wants to throw in the bang too tho so it is a work in progress. ;)

·
Supersized Warlock Alpha
6,923 Posts
Yay, Eli videos! And Ginger in there as a bonus. :D

I love him, Lori... I know you might prefer the cropped look, but his ears are wonderful.

I have to teach Si the "bang" trick. We haven't worked on any new tricks since we've gotten Scout. I'm a slacker. :D

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are so sweet, thanks. I need to video Pip my trick star, he is so cute doing his tricks and he is very talented. I just remembered Pip does a crawl that I'd love to teach to Eli. I'm gonna try it. What tricks does Si do now?

OT: Hope things are well w/you guys. I am in the process of deciding what type of flooring. I have many samples of wood and laminate (both). I like wood best but think laminate may be best with the dogs, I like tile, Phil doesn't and we both are interested in the concrete that looks like marble. hahahaha. We will do the floors next summer. Maybe that will help Eli's allergies too. *shrug*

Yay, Eli videos! And Ginger in there as a bonus. :D

I love him, Lori... I know you might prefer the cropped look, but his ears are wonderful.

I have to teach Si the "bang" trick. We haven't worked on any new tricks since we've gotten Scout. I'm a slacker. :D

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,603 Posts
Really nice videos, I love the bang trick. Eli looks great!

·
sadder but wiser girl
9,688 Posts
bamboo!!!
hi there... cute videos - mine do all except for "bang", which i can't figure how to teach as well as the guy who says "BANG!" and his dog just goes limp in his arms or drops like a stone. i LOVE Eli's slow-death version. Willie also anticipates - he thinks it's hysterical.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Lois! Hello. Bamboo huh. I wonder if I can find some that will look ok with my style house. New hunt. ;) Eli can do a faster version of the "bang" but I guess he wasn't gonna do it for the camera. I have seen some dogs do it so quickly with acting skills. Not Eli...hahahaha. I'm going to teach him to crawl this week and then I'll post it. I'll how fast he learns it.

bamboo!!!
hi there... cute videos - mine do all except for "bang", which i can't figure how to teach as well as the guy who says "BANG!" and his dog just goes limp in his arms or drops like a stone. i LOVE Eli's slow-death version. Willie also anticipates - he thinks it's hysterical.

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
Aww, Eli! He's so sweet. It just oozes out of him. What a good boy. <3

(PS - Fiona hesitates the same way as Eli with commands unless it's agility. Then she's lightening fast but with obedience or tricks she has this look like, "Really? Am I really doing this?" LOL)

Reactions: Lori Z

·
Super Moderator
21,890 Posts
Love the videos!

Reactions: Lori Z

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He is better at formal obedience. When we work on the field he is much more focused on me and into it. Tricks at home, well you see. hahahahaha.

Aww, Eli! He's so sweet. It just oozes out of him. What a good boy. <3

(PS - Fiona hesitates the same way as Eli with commands unless it's agility. Then she's lightening fast but with obedience or tricks she has this look like, "Really? Am I really doing this?" LOL)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts