Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am here to ask for good vibes that this is not the case and maybe she just hurt her neck because she was running like a fool at the park on Sunday. Three car chases worth! (Private park inside chain link fence...;))

But now the classic presentation (well a little different since she is a tripawd) head down, reluctance to turn her head, some trouble with stairs)

It is very hard on her neck because of her hopping tripawd gait.

The vet thinks it could be wobblers, but there is no neurological deficit yet that we can see. We're not going to pursue a definite diagnosis due to the fact that she has been living with osteosarcoma for two years now, and we are indeed blessed to have her that long, and in good health.

Anything really painful or debilitating for her means it's time to let her go, and I just have to accept that. She is too proud and strong for anything else.

I have to go out of town for a week and she usually just lays around and mopes while I'm away, so maybe that will give her a chance to rest up. I will check out some acupuncture and maybe look into a brace.

She's already on gabapentin for pain.

:(

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
I'm sending all of the good vibes that I have Swilly's way :) She is so precious and has been through so much~ you have been a FANTASTIC mom to her. I will be praying for Swilly and you that the angels aren't calling her name just yet.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Well wishes and good vibes from my home to yours! I hope she just pulled a muscle or 2 and it's nothing serious.

Whatever the case, good to hear she had so much fun on Sunday. :) She has earned running like a fool every now and then even if it does come with some soreness.

·
Puppies pushover
205 Posts
Sending my prayers your way that your girl doesn't have wobblers. Max and Kia send doggy snuggles and kisses too that she is better soon.

·
Super Moderator
22,009 Posts
Vibes sent your way, and Dober-kisses from Shanoa and Simon.

Reactions: Sherryh and EmilyB

·
Got mutt?
13,840 Posts
I hope it is just her being worn out and sore from all the running.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Good vibes sent! And Doberkisses from Torque.

Also, I just want to say, I've read a couple other threads on here involving stories of Miss Swilly. You are such an amazing person for taking such good care of her. :D

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I don't even know what to say, but please give her some extra ear rubs for me.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Oh wow! I hope its nothing serious wrong. Swilly has been thru enough already. She is such a strong girl and an inspiration for everyone on the forum.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts